Thread: accessing NAS from Fedora (Linpus Lite), can write but not read?

Question accessing NAS from Fedora (Linpus Lite), can write but not read?

Hello,
    I have Oleg's latest firmware with the default Samba running. Accessing (read/write) the NAS (ext3) from XP machines is fine.
    I bought an Acer Aspire One yesterday, and this baby comes with Linpus Lite. Everything runs fine, only one problem, I can mount the NAS, I can see all the files, I can write data, but I can't read (a video file from instance) or copy to the Acer HD... files are set up with the correct permission, and I can play all the videos through the hhtp server.
    I did some research and found this thread: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/arc.../t-100193.html
    Looks like a bug in Samba when you access the NAS from Linux (I don't think the problem is for all distributions).

What are my options? The version of Samba provided with the firmware works very well for me from XP...And I was hoping to keep this version as it is easily managed through the webadmin page...
    Do I really need to install another version of Samba or is there something I can do on the existing version?

Thanks,
    Yann

Use ftp in combination with webdrive?

Well, it is an option but performance will be affected (I stream divx from NAS). Also, Webdrive seems to be a windows application and I couldn't find a rpm for my disti.
    Surely I can't be the only one to connect a linux client (Linpus or Fedora) to a Samba share running on the WL500 :-)

Cheers,
    Yann