Thread: Package requests

Red face Package requests

Hi everyone,
    For a whole year now I'm trying to native or cross compile 'iaxmodem' and 'hylafax' to get fax support for my asterisk server but I've failed all the time. I read throw the whole forum about compiling but I have no success. If anyone has a working compiler enviroment setted up please do me a favor and compile these two things to me. (iaxmodem will compile libspandsp and libiax2 as well) Thanks for your help, asus rocks anyway!!!

So there's an update here... finally I find out that all of the errors I got finally refers to one error. This is: missing finction posix_openpt(), witch would be declared in stdlib.h. This why zaptel's ztdummy (got it from other package repository) cannot be used. When meetme conference starts asterisk write an error: unable to pseudo device.

I'm thinking of get the body of the function and paste it to stdlib.h, but I'm afraid it won't work, cause it's some kind of kernel stuff.

If anyone has any idea, share it with me, please!
    More info on the funtion:
    http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/...ix_openpt.html
    http://linux.die.net/man/3/posix_openpt

i have an idea that the first link you posted suggests a simple way how to implement this function in case it's missing. I think you should try this first.

However you should not place it in the header file directly.

You may include it in the .h file in the following form:

PHP Code:
    #define posix_openpt(flags) return open("/dev/ptmx", (flags)) 

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by al37919 View Post
    i have an idea that the first link you posted suggests a simple way how to implement this function in case it's missing. I think you should try this first.

However you should not place it in the header file directly.

You may include it in the .h file in the following form:

PHP Code:
    #define posix_openpt(flags) return open("/dev/ptmx", (flags)) 
    Thanks for the idea, I'll try it at the weekend, and report back.

Thumbs up

So, I got iaxmodem running. Including a .h file with that #define... content didn't helped (redefinition of posix_openpt) neither editing stdlib.h. So finally I changed the line in iaxmodem.c witch uses this function, and changed it to ... open("/dev/ptmx", ...).

But, with Hylafax I run a into a lot of trouble again. Got installed libtiff, ghostscript. The problem is there isn't any "getty" binary for this linux...

So I decided to switch to efax. It's much smaller. It compiles, and runs as well. The lack of inittab and reswap is not the best,but I have ideas how to solve this.
    But the bigger problem is, it not works. efax answers incoming calls (and gives that strange fax voice), then iaxmodem starts "adjusting skew" but no actual data send. efax says "Error: timed out after command: +FRM=145 " What I don't know what means, I did google it with no luck. I'm sure its just a configuration issue. All suggestions are wellcome...
    Last edited by viktike; 15-03-2009 at 21:20.

HEEELLLLLPPP!

Nothing new withthe fax yet, but I just run into a new problem. I purchased a new WL500gP, but this time V2, cause V1 isn't in the stores. I did knew it has 233Mhz CPU instead of 266, but I don't care. The problem is with Zaptel. ztdummy.o not loads. It's want to use timing rescources of usb-uhci. But there is no usb-uhci listed in lsmod!!! WTF? I did a web research, and find the only solution is zaprtc. It uses the real time clock, but there is no /dev/rtc... I red the thread about rtc and find out that this not gonna work eather.

What can I do? This is nonsense, that the older hw was much better than the new...
    Now I see how stupid I were when I didn't buy 100 instances of v1 500gP.

By the way, I'm intrested in any kind of solution on this, and soory for my bad english

uhci and ohci are two alternative implementations of usb1 (both covered by the standard). Which one you have depends on the hardware. That's the truth that v1 uses uhci while v2 uses ohci. It's the first time I see that this difference is important for something. I always thought that the difference is deeply inside the hardware and on the user level it's standard...

See, e.g.: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index....+timer+ztdummy

Thanx

Seems it's not possible in the GPv2. It has no RTC, it has no UHCI-USB, it has no 2.6 kernel. So now I have a second reason why v1 is better. Too bad that paging function needs MeetMe. Alternatively I can page one extension by time. Fax seems to work... but only with ulaw codec, but thats fine for me. Now I need to get nv_faxdetect, but that has nothing to do with the system, I think. Thanks for the help

mgetty

hi Viktike

I tried to complie mgetty from http://mgetty.greenie.net
    But I got errors, perhaps becuase I know only a little about how to complie.
    If you successful about send and receive fax with 500gp, please post "how to" do this.

Many Thanks you,
    thira

Hey, I'm almost there. Iswitched to RT-N16 since a while. I found out WL-500 series are too slow. When it actually comes to process audio DSP, the communication fails.

But, on RT-N16 it can receive a fax, but only if I run a terminal and start efax there. I tried to screen, or use a & int the scripts to start efax automaticaly, but it doesn't start.

iaxmodem starts, I guess because of the ptmx pseudo-terminal thing. Efax seems doesn't have this functionallity.

If anyone has any idea how to run efax in the background, automaticcaly, let me know.
    As I mentioned: I tried screen, and &.