before i write this i searched all the forum and tried every hint of similar probs i found. but here is my story:
1. i just got the asus yesterday - i need it to join a local network here in town. in their forum their was a short tutorial how to set up the router. i had to flash it to 188.8.131.52-b3 firmware from here. unfortunately there was no hint about reseting after flashing - so i did not do this.
2. i followed all instructions to setup but got no wireless signal catched with netstumbler an my notebook (not in HYBRID and not in AP mode).
3. i thought would be good idea to flash to the latest firmware here - 184.108.40.206 beta.
4. i did this without reseting
5. i changed something again in wlan subdirectory of the webinterface (i am not sure anymore, what it was)
6. after i pressed finish button i lost contact to the router and could not solve it so far (now there is no ping possible and no web interface is loading)
i did everything via LAN.
after i read here i did all the mentioned hints. i tried to restore the firmware, but the asus utilitie cannot get contact to the router. i am able to get the router itself into the restore mode via disconnected power - pressing the restore button - plug in the power - take off the finger from that button. the power LED then flashes like 1 second on and one second off. the LAN LED is on. the connected laptop IP is 192.168.1.2
if i turn on the router in the normal way with connected LAN cable and running laptop the LED of LAN, WLAN and Power are turned on. the Power LED blinks like once every 15 seconds (i guess this is normal behavior).
after reading here i thought i am kind of easy case cause my Power LED is blinking while in restore mode but after retrying so long i start to worry about getting this router into good mood again.
any idea is appreciated.