Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New oleg firmware version

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I already like the D release, so I can't wait till the full one, keep it up
    seems like dns-o-matic uses dyndns-like update api. you can try it right now (using 1.9.2.7-d exactly)
    create /usr/local/etc/ddns.conf according ez-ipupdate manuals, wðich is to be append to autogenerated /etc/ddns.conf
    any these params will override autogenerated ones, so you should specify server=updates.dnsomatic.com with typical ddns.org settings
    so, play with it, or i could patch ez-ipupdate to suit your dns-o-matic needs... some day...

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    DD-WRT uses inadyn. Olegs firmware uses ez-ipupdate. Our firmware adds ability to use custom config /etc/ddns.conf (appendable with /usr/local/etc/ddns.conf). If someone confirm that ez-ipupdate works with dns-o-matic, we can add this parameters to predefined list in web-interface.
    yep. someone has to try it out

EDIT: works for me with dyndns setted up at web interface and following /usr/local/etc/ddns.conf
    Code:
    service-type=dyndns
    server=updates.dnsomatic.com
    host=all.dnsomatic.com
    Last edited by theMIROn; 24-02-2009 at 10:46.

Hello
    First of all thanks you for your hard work,I've tested a few versions of your firmware and it's very stable...but I've tried today your latest build from 24.02,and I've a problem: after I set up Wireless Mac adress filtering,puting a 5 mac adress of wireless devices to allow them to connect wireless,after saving an reboot,I can't no more to login in the web interface of the router(IE or Firefox),I mean the page doesn't appear anymore,the IP is 192.168.1.1 ,and nothing,same message:''Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'' .I've flashed 5 times,resetting to defaults ,nvram erase ,nothing,same story.Everything is ok,until I set Mac filtering to permit for wireless access,after that,no more web interface of the router.Maybe someone could try to see if they have the same problem.
    Tnx a lot
    Cheers

• You have to flash firmware by wire, not by WiFi.
    • Is web-interface accessible by wire? (If yes, you have mistake in your restrictions).

Tnx for your reply.
    Everything I've done only by wire,using Asus firmware restauration tool...everything is ok until I'm changing Mac Wireless Filter to permit a mac adress from my laptop to access the wireless network...after that no more acces to the webpage of the router using wired access,not wireless(wireless I've not tryed at all,only wired).Right now I'm downloading the firmware again,and flashing again to see if it happens again.
    Cheers
    I've tried on 2 asus wl500gP v1 ,also the build from 09 february ,same story,the routers frozen,nothing works,only with hard reset can log in again...with january build,no problem,it works,so something must be changed in latest builds..I don't have enabled any kind of security on wireless,no wep,no wpa,nothing,only MAC filter with permit access for 3 mac adress,1 laptop and 2 Nokia phones.
    Tnx again
    Last edited by viasat; 24-02-2009 at 17:45. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by viasat View Post
    everything is ok until I'm changing Mac Wireless Filter to permit a mac adress from my laptop to access the wireless network...
    Unfortunately, I can't reproduce problem. I tried both Accept/Reject modes
    on "Wireless - Access Control" page, adds six MAC's - all ok. If situation repeats, you should prepare testcase, step by step.

Please try one more time,I've attached an printscreen where the modification is.If I click on Finish,Save&Restart ,it will never restart,no more log in into router,only after hard reset.Believe me,I don't want to waste your time,but the problem it's there,at least for me ,on two different routers...you don't need to have internet conection,just flash the router with your latest build,go on to the option from printscreen,select Accept,add an mac adress,Finish,Save%Restart,and you will see that never restarts,,at least for me...if works for you,it's ok,I give it up,I don't know anymore what else to try,and I'll wait your next releseas...
    Tnx again and excuse my bad English!
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by viasat; 24-02-2009 at 18:16.

viasat
    First of all, You modify wrong page!
    On this page you define MAC rules for both wire & wireless clients!

Please, read carefully that written on screen BEFORE modifying anything.

Ok,tnx a lot,my mistake,I'll search better next time!
    Cheers and thanck you for your work and help!
    Best Regards

NTFS 3g can be compiled with current kernel 2.4.37, but nobody tested it.
    HFS+ supported by kernel, we can include module binary in next snapshot in case you ready to test it.
    Sure im ready to test it. I have an Packard Bell Store & Play 500GB that supports FAT, NTFS or HFS+ fs for connection to TV.

Quote Originally Posted by outkastm View Post
    Sure im ready to test it. I have an Packard Bell Store & Play 500GB that supports FAT, NTFS or HFS+ fs for connection to TV.
    HFS+ module you can get on http://wl500g.googlecode.com/files/m...090224.tar.bz2 since 20090224 snapshot.
    NTFS 3g binary - http://rapidshare.de/files/45619009/...l.tar.bz2.html

P.S. And don't forget to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
    Last edited by lly; 25-02-2009 at 12:35.

How to disable access to router configuration from wireless?
    Option to disable wireless with ezsetup button?
    Option to write log file to usb hdd?
    WPA KEY generator ?
    link on router home page to http://wl500g.info/ and http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/?
    Last edited by downloadd; 27-02-2009 at 04:37.

Quote Originally Posted by downloadd View Post
    How to disable access to router configuration from wireless?
    read iptables manual
    Option to disable wireless with ezsetup button?
    search FAQ about /usr/local/sbin/ez-setup script
    Option to write log file to usb hdd?
    search forum. This very hard to be realized in standart GUI due to USB hdd mounts after logging starts & in case of error - hdd never be mounted automatic.
    WPA KEY generator ?
    Your suggestion?
    link on router home page to http://wl500g.info/ and http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/?
    maybe

WPA KEY generator ?
    Your suggestion?
    I made a quick generator, it's as attachment.

anyway, here was my feature request
    anyway... a little feature request popped up, and it's not like a big deal I think...
    The problem is that the webcam daemon generates a giant cpu load. If there was an option in the webinterface to limit it to eg 1fps

there is an option -s in rcamd, that lets you set after how many seconds it'll take a frame from the webcam, when 0 it is unlimited.

like this maybe:
    rcamd -p 7777 -s 1 -z MET-1METDST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3 -a 0 -t 0 -r 0 -f 640x480 -m 100 -c 100
    if there could be a box to fill that in the webinterface, my sometimes working script at boot to reduce the fps of the webcam will become unneeded, and I don't have to restart the cam daemon.

what do you say?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I made a quick generator, it's as attachment.
    There is .EXE in attachment - it useless in unix! Anyway, maybe you can explain, why you want it in main firmware?
    anyway, here was my feature request
    accepted, but I can't you promise exact time of realization.

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast