Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: transmission the latest the greatest

If you're getting a 404 error you should set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable before starting it.

I released transmission-remote-dotnet 3.8 today with some quite important bugfixes, a couple of nice new features and russian translation. It's also necessary to support the X-Transmission-Session-Id recently introduced in svn to make cross site scripting attacks difficult.

Nice gui for transmission, keep it up I wanted to ask what to do with 409 error, where should i put this session id header, in which file and what should it contain.

You shouldn't need to do anything, just use 3.8. When a request is made without the session id header, Transmission returns a 409 which includes the value of the header. transmission-remote-dotnet should retry automatically with the header and keep using it from then.

I have weird problem with transmission 1.61. When I want to upload torrent file from my pc, I select tor file and nothing happens. But when I upload it somewhere else and enter that url in transmission, torrent start normally???
    Last edited by ocelivise; 13-05-2009 at 12:45.

I have the same problem

Same problem . Anyway you can upload "manually" by copying the torrent file to the torrent directory. It works only after a restart.
    Have a nice day !

Thank you this version 1.61 build 8403 works fine.

Since version 1.50, when I start Transmission, CPU usage is almost always high, even with just one active torrent.
    I've already reduced the peer limit, but didn't solve the problem.

Can you give some advices to reduce Transmission CPU usage? Is there any setting that I shoud use to reduce CPU usage?

Unhappy Problem

I've updated to Transmission 1.61 (8420). Now, Transmission can't get blacklist file. After it starts (I see it via ps or top) it terminates after 10 second. What should I do?

Also can anybody tell me, where Transmission writes it's logs? And how to configure Transmission to write logs? In /opt/var/log/syslog.log is nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by grundic View Post
    I've updated to Transmission 1.61 (8420). Now, Transmission can't get blacklist file. After it starts (I see it via ps or top) it terminates after 10 second. What should I do?

Also can anybody tell me, where Transmission writes it's logs? And how to configure Transmission to write logs? In /opt/var/log/syslog.log is nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.
    Run transmission in the foreground with -f switch, maybe you get more clues.

A heads up, I just released transmission-remote-dotnet 3.9rc1 which has a lot of fixes and sexy icons. If you're a user, please try it out and report any issues on the google code site.

The screenshots on the project site have been updated.

http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/

Transmission - move download when finished

Hi there, my intentions were to move finished download (once when finished and seeding) to new location. My programming skills are kind of limited ) but I've tried (with googling and using part of other script) and I've prepared small script if anyone is interested. It took me 15 minutes and it is sufficient for me for now.

If you can advise on some improvements, deficiencies or other way to do it I am willing to learn something.

Works with Transmission 1.61

LIMITATIONS:
    1) This will work only for one completed torrent with status Seeding for each execution. TODO: Repeat it until all torrents are moved-should be easy.
    2) If torrent is seeded again from new location it might be a big problem TODO: Fix it, but I have no idea how to.

SETTINGS:
    I've set up this to stop and move data to different location (I can start seeding manually or delete torrent afterward). This can be adjusted by options in the last line.

USE:
    cron (repeat every x minutes/hour/daily)

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# The absolute path to and including the transmission-remote binary
    TRANSREMOTE=/opt/bin/transmission-remote

# The absolute path to where you want your completed torrents moved to
    DESTDIR=/mnt/data/_downloads

# Find the first completed torrent
    TORRENTID=`$TRANSREMOTE -l | sed -n '/Seeding/{p;q;}'|sed -e 's/...%.*//'|sed 's/^[ \t]*//;s/[ \t]*$//'`

if [ -z $TORRENTID ]; then
      echo "Nothing is finished!"
      exit
    fi

# Stop the torrent and move data to the new location
    $TRANSREMOTE -t $TORRENTID -S --move $DESTDIR

Update:
    I've found easier way to do some stuff and solved all TODOs Any ideas or questions are welcomed.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# The absolute path to and including the transmission-remote binary
    TRANSREMOTE=/opt/bin/transmission-remote

# The absolute path to where you want your completed torrents moved to
    DESTDIR=/mnt/data/_downloads

# Find completed torrents
    SEEDCOUNT=`$TRANSREMOTE -l | awk '/Idle|Seeding/'|wc -l`
    TORRENTS=`$TRANSREMOTE -l | awk '/Idle|Seeding/'|awk '{print$1}'`

if [ $SEEDCOUNT = "0" ]; then
       echo "Nothing is finished!"
       exit
    fi

for i in $TORRENTS
    do
        LOCATION=`$TRANSREMOTE -t $i -i|awk '/Location/'|sed -e 's/  Location: //'`
        if [ $LOCATION = $DESTDIR ]; then
            echo "Files are already there"
         else
            # Stop the torrent and move data to the new location
            $TRANSREMOTE -t $i -S --move $DESTDIR
        fi
    done
    Last edited by Pedro83; 13-06-2009 at 20:43.

Error 501 when connecting to Transmission Remote

I am able to connect to the web interface using http://192.168.1.1:8008/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi but trying to connect through Transmission Remote I get an error saying "The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.

My settings in Transmission Remote are:
    Host: 192.168.1.1
    Port: 8008

I just upgraded to transmission 1.71 and using transmission-remote-dotnet 3.9

Can anyone help? I have looked everywhere to resolve this problem and dying to use Transmission Remote ratehr than the web interface.

Buddy

I just upgraded to transmission 1.72 but I still can't connect using transmission-remote-dotnet 3.9.

Avberk can u help me with this problem?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast