Thread: New router?!?! WL-530G DLX ??

New router?!?! WL-530G DLX ??

I was checking the prices at newegg when I found this:
    ASUS Wireless Router + Media Storage w/ Afterburner Technology, Model "WL-530G DLX" -RETAIL
    Model# WL-500G DLX (!!!!)
    Item # N82E16839112005
    [ http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...112-005&depa=0 ]

Anyway.. they say it's a "Media Storage" unit... ?!? but there's no reference to an internal IDE connector... I guess they're talking about the possiblility to interface a USB-HD...

[ WL-500G | fw: 1.9.2.7-7f ]

this is 500g deluxe. They've messed info. See Model #.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    this is 500g deluxe. They've messed info. See Model #.
    Yes, I noticed that. The only thing that was weird, was the "Media Storage" stuff... So I thought that, maybe Asus heard my prairs, and "secretly" released a WL500GX with internal IDE connector...
    [ WL-500G | fw: 1.9.2.7-7f ]

indeed, see attached picture of WL530g, if wanted GPL is also available for download but it does NOT use broadcom chipset stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    indeed, see attached picture of WL530g, if wanted GPL is also available for download but it does NOT use broadcom chipset stuff
    Antiloop, do you have any internal photos or internal specs?

I have just ordered one of these. It should arrive next week some time. I will be opening it up immediately to take some photos :-)

The only problem is I'm not sure where I can put a serial port or USB device connector on that small case ....

-- Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby
    Antiloop, do you have any internal photos or internal specs?

I have just ordered one of these. It should arrive next week some time. I will be opening it up immediately to take some photos :-)

The only problem is I'm not sure where I can put a serial port or USB device connector on that small case ....

-- Rod
    Rod, pics are available on the FCC site. It's based on the marvel chipset and has two PCBs stacked one above other.