Thread: FTP Connect with Oleg's Firmware?

Smile FTP Connect with Oleg's Firmware?

Hello, there is one thing I must say before. Great Forum here.
    The help from hugo with Twonky was really good.
    But now I have 2 more questions. Can somebody help me about this?
    Is there a way to connect with an FTP Programm into the ASUS WL-HDD. I tryed something to connect the Asus with no results. The other question is the NFS server, runns the server automatic at boot? I think I must edit the exports. Than I can mount the folders with the Dbox? Is that's right? I search over the forum, but I found nothing what I can use for me.
    Greetings from Bavaria
    Stefan

No FTP connection, becouse stupid-ftpd not starts...

I have some one...
    I review sources (rc/services_ex.c) and understand - Oleg's firmware is not so cool for WL-HDD, becourse it oriented for no-HDD ASUS WL-hardware:
    Service stupid-ftpd started only when USB-device attached to box (system search's for USB-storage in /dev/disks, and trying to mount them, IDE HDD presents in /dev/disks too; but if your attach not USB-storage device, firmware found only IDE disk and starts stupid-ftpd). This is not bug, becouse 1.9.2.7-3c more oriented for other hardware, but they opened many more feauters for WL-HDD and may be in newer versions this bug will be fixed (may be I rewrite code for WL-HDD, if will be free time for that)...

yes, exactly. I've made possible to use wl500g firmware with wl-hdd, and i hope someone could add missing features. I do not have much time now.

That's is not right. Meantime I can connect with FTP into the WL-HDD System.
    I have edit the ftp .conf file. It starts now automatic on boot. And I can connect direct into the complete System. With Oleg's Firmware.
    Greetings Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by stefan9113
    That's is not right. Meantime I can connect with FTP into the WL-HDD System.
    I have edit the ftp .conf file. It starts now automatic on boot. And I can connect direct into the complete System. With Oleg's Firmware.
    Greetings Stefan
    Yes, of course, you can manually create .conf for ftpd and insert them in post-boot script, but if you link and after unlink any USB device to box, stupid-ftpd will be killed...