Thread: Shutting down WLHDD from web interface

Question Shutting down WLHDD from web interface

Hi.
    I know that the original formware allowed you to send a shutdown command to the device via a the web interface (shutdown.asp or something like that if i remember correctly). I have since installed the Oleg Firmware 1.9.2.7-9 but this shutdown via web no longer works. I have even tried to telnet in to send the shutdown command but the commands shutdown and poweroff apparently "could not be found". Is there another way that the shutdown can be sent without having to walk over and press the power button? I would have thought that if this functionality was available with the default firmware that it would have still been available with updated firmware.
    Thanks guys

try halt .

Sorry I probably should have mentioned i tried halt as well. It seems to act like reboot (not sure what the differences are) as it goes off for a short while then if i ping it, it has come back online again...

Quote Originally Posted by robbo View Post
    Sorry I probably should have mentioned i tried halt as well. It seems to act like reboot (not sure what the differences are) as it goes off for a short while then if i ping it, it has come back online again...
    Standard bsd/unix/linux command to power down is
    halt -p
    -p means powerdown

I like to simply do 5 secs button shut down though.

Shutdown on Wl-hdd

Sorry to bump an old topic.. I looked around and could not find a solution that is really working on the Wl-hdd with Oleg 1.9.2.7-9.

Things I have tried already:
    - halt
    - halt -p
    - shutdown

With all these, the Wl-hdd seem to rather restart/reboot, than actually shuting down completely.

Any pointers on what command to be used for complete shut down would be helpful

TIA