Thread: voip with wl500g

voip with wl500g

When I use asus latest firmware wl1817 my voip works good. The only thing wrong with this firmware is that the internet stops after a while. Wan port disconnect connect. When I use oleg firmware Firmware v. 1.9.2.7 CR3c [Oleg]7.2 3a,3b,3c Voip telephone is not working oke. The outgoing pakket are okay but the incomming are a little bit delayed. Telephone conversation is no good quality.

your regards

Dirk Hofman

I was using 1.8.1.7-3 and had no problems with my VoIP connection.

I upgraded to 1.9.2.7 and ran into major problems also...dropped packets, and poor uploading.

1.9.2.7-3B has fixed all the problems (at least for me). I haven't upgrade to 3c---why fix something that isn't broken?

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dsf260
    I was using 1.8.1.7-3 and had no problems with my VoIP connection.

I upgraded to 1.9.2.7 and ran into major problems also...dropped packets, and poor uploading.

1.9.2.7-3B has fixed all the problems (at least for me). I haven't upgrade to 3c---why fix something that isn't broken?

Hope that helps.
    May I know from everyone here, what software/hardware are you using for the VoIP ?

Cheers

I use sipura spa1001 for voip telephone. My voip providers doesn't yet suppport stun.
    http://www.sipura.com/products/spa1001.htm. The sipura is behind the router there are sipura's which you can use between the modem en the router.

I have a Cisco ATA-186 (I think that is the product number). I have 2 lines running out of it--one for my phone and one for a fax.

Quote Originally Posted by dsf260
    I have a Cisco ATA-186 (I think that is the product number). I have 2 lines running out of it--one for my phone and one for a fax.
    A quick check revealed that Cisco ATA-186 is a H323 box, so meaning H323 connection tracking is working.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dikko
    I use sipura spa1001 for voip telephone. My voip providers doesn't yet suppport stun.
    http://www.sipura.com/products/spa1001.htm. The sipura is behind the router there are sipura's which you can use between the modem en the router.
    A quick check revealed that a sipura spa1001 is a SIP phone. I am not sure what is the needed NAT traversal protocol here.

Cheers.

When I use asus latest firmware wl1817 my voip works good. The only thing wrong with this firmware is that the internet stops after a while. Wan port disconnect connect. When I use oleg firmware Firmware v. 1.9.2.7 CR3c [Oleg]7.2 3a,3b,3c Voip telephone is not working oke. The outgoing pakket are okay but the incomming are a little bit delayed. Telephone conversation is no good quality.

your regards

Dirk Hofman
    hello,i need help with voipbuster linksys ip phone adapter PAP2 NA and my wl500g

hello,could u help me to setup my voip client with asus 500g? i have no idea why it doesnot work...

your regards

Dirk Hofman