Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft MN700 hack project

You do not need full flash. Just flash a bootloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    You do not need full flash. Just flash a bootloader.
    ok, i flash boot loader, and i can ping router, but i cant put any firmware in it ..
    Asus tool dont see router ...

Unhappy

wrtjtag for windows cant do any good, is freezing after some time ...

wrtjtag-modified.exe doing the job, and like i said, after flashin boot loader, i have blinking "orange-green" led ..

when i try to flash firmare:
    Code:
    tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put WRT54GS_3.37.2_ETSI_code.bin
    nothing happens ..

is just hanging, no ectivity on lan led - nothing ..

and, now i am reflashing boot loader 15th times .. getting old ..

Dont ask me HOW, but i did it ..

MN700 is running Asus firmware here .. Thanx !

Need CFG.bin for MN700

Thank you OLEG!! Thank you!!

You did a great job !! Thank you for your support !! After 5 days working....my MN700 is running with open WRT !!
    Whithout your support it will never be done !!

Thank you for the cfe image!!

Greetings from Germany

mcklauth
    Last edited by mcklauth; 16-12-2006 at 15:38.

help

my mn700's power LED is alternating colors, none of the other leds come on, even when i put a molded streight thru cable between my laptop and the router. JTAG's work w/o a problem.

i have erased whole
    i uploaded modified CFE i made in linux
    pulled power plug waited 20 seconds
    pluged it in and it sends me right into the alternating LED
    so i plug in my ethernet, the corrisponding led does NOT light up, windows says its unpluged.
    i use the asus tool and it doesn't even start to look.

if i plug my ethernet into the WAN port it does light up and flash when data is being xmitted or recved but the asus tool does not work.

help please

my mn700's power LED is alternating colors, none of the other leds come on, even when i put a molded streight thru cable between my laptop and the router. JTAG's work w/o a problem.

i have erased whole
    i uploaded modified CFE i made in linux
    pulled power plug waited 20 seconds
    pluged it in and it sends me right into the alternating LED
    so i plug in my ethernet, the corrisponding led does NOT light up, windows says its unpluged.
    i use the asus tool and it doesn't even start to look.

if i plug my ethernet into the WAN port it does light up and flash when data is being xmitted or recved but the asus tool does not work.

i am also very very new to this... so when people mention the pin 10 or what ever trick i have no clue what you are talking about! lol i have a decent understanding of linux and a strong background in windows. i am also fairly decent at electronics.

Red face anyone in toronto area with JTAG cable?

hi. i have an MN700 and i'd like to replace the firmware. problem is: i have two left hands when it comes to electronics -- i doubt i'd be able to solder anything together. making my own cable seems pretty complex for me. i don't know where to get the requisite components or anything. i wonder, is there anyone in the greater Toronto area with a cable i could borrow?

broke tiny little resistor thing off.. whats the replacement?

hey everyone i seemed to have knocked off part L10 off my board its a tiny little sucker but does any one know what it is? for now i have a glob of solder over where it is suppose to be and everything seems ok so far... i've included a pic of where it is. any help will be appriciated!!! (btw i used a pic of a mn700 with the thing still where its suppose to be!)

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7661

even with a glob of solder over where its suppose to be it works and im now running the asus software... now is there a way to get usb on the mn700? i found treads where people mentioned it but never any definitive yes or no

Hi

Hard to tell from the picture where it is for, but L10 name let me assume it was an inductivity. Seems not to be for the Oszillator abouve, and not clearly for the power supply. Shorting it is a clever idea, and if its working this way, dont thing about again .

Greets
    Wlanman
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan View Post
    Hi

Hard to tell from the picture where it is for, but L10 name let me assume it was an inductivity. Seems not to be for the Oszillator abouve, and not clearly for the power supply. Shorting it is a clever idea, and if its working this way, dont thing about again .

Greets
    Wlanman
    hehe i dont think about it... i just thought to my self... wtf.. why not.. whats the worst thats gonna happen? start a fire? well my house is still standing.

now on the other hand is that chip the broadcom one nearest to l10 suppose to get really HOT??? i mean it was geting hot enough to not be able to touch for more than 1-2 seconds... i put a make shift heat sink on it for now but i'd like your input on this

I had some trouble with my mn700 in May, and other projects took priority, so i ignored it until xmas break.

I have resurrected it, and added some notes to the openwrt wiki.

fwiw, the most recent version of Oleg's firmware i tried on my mn-700 exhibited the same random reboots as were experienced with the et ethernet driver in openwrt whiterussian rc4.

My mn-700 is now running whiterussian rc6 and has been quite stable for about a day since i put it in place of the wrt54gs v.2 i ebayed out of frustration in june.

In whiterussian rc6 the only thing that doesn't work out of the box is the power LED.

Just thought I'd pop in and add some additional data points for anyone considering this hack.

First to start off. Many thanks to the contributers of this hack. and thank you Oleg for the bootimage.

Now with my experience. I have built my jtag cable but cannot get it to detect with my computer's parallel port. any tips? I have resolder all wires but still no go. any idea?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast