Thread: How to modify a firmware ?

Question How to modify a firmware ?

Hi

I look for a web link where it will be explain how to modify (translate) a firmware.
    I would like to translate the firmware of WL500G to French language.

I don't know the linux word

Is't possible to modify it under windows ?

Can you advice me ?

By advance thank a lot

JclaudeJ
    Last edited by jclaudej; 23-01-2005 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudej
    Hi

I look for a web link where it will be explain how to modify (translate) a firmware.
    I would like to translate the firmware of WL500G to French language.

I don't know the linux word

Is't possible to modify it under windows ?

Can you advice me ?

By advance thank a lot

JclaudeJ
    Currently I suggest you not to start translation yet, we are looking for a way to work with language sets or something
    so it becomes easier to translate the stuff to the language wanted

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    Currently I suggest you not to start translation yet, we are looking for a way to work with language sets or something
    so it becomes easier to translate the stuff to the language wanted

Ok if you need some help to translate the different menu in French, doesn't hesitate I will be happy to help you. In addition it will be good to increase my English level

But, just to myself information, I will like to find a web site who explain how "open" this firmware

In the next futur, I think to realize a web site "in French" with a tutorial to setup (basic) for the WL500G.

as => http://jclaudej.9online.fr/tutorial7404_page6_02.htm

This product is very stable and have a lot of possibility

Have nice Sunday
    Last edited by jclaudej; 23-01-2005 at 17:28.

you mean how to modify?

well without minimum knowledge of linux you are lost immediately..

everything that is known is explained all over the forum, beside that it requires knowledge of linux to understand

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I understand that is difficult to modify a firmware but I have a little experience with Linux "Mandrake and Knoppix".
    Perhaps an other way will be, you communicate a text file in English language and after all people could translate each sentence or word in their native language.

Have nice week-end

Jclaudej