Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DDNS Client Problem

I have been able to make it working using scripts.

You will have to relly on cron to make it run on a regular basis, as it is not detecting any ip change. You can try to run it also as an endless loop, but I don't want to take this risk.

Here is the script for reference:

Code:
    [admin@wl-hdd hd2]$ cat ipchange
    #!/bin/sh
    wget -O - http://checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/<\/body><\/html>.*//' |sed -e 's/<html><head><title>Current IP Check<\/title><\/head><body>Current IP Address: //'>/etc/ez-ipupdate/ip
    /usr/sbin/ez-ipupdate --address `cat /etc/ez-ipupdate/ip` -c /etc/ez-ipupdate/ez-ipupdate.conf
    [admin@wl-hdd hd2]$ cat ez-ipupdate.conf
    service-type=dyndns
    user=xxxxxxxxx:password
    host=xxxxxxxxxxxxx.dyndns.org
    cache-file=/etc/ez-ipupdate/cache
    pid-file=/etc/ez-ipupdate/pid
    max-interval=86400

You will have to create the ez-ipupdate folder by yourself.

just run this with cron. Be carefull, as you canot use it directly on the startup script, as the update might not work if ran too early.

Check http://wl500g.dyndns.org to make this change permanent.

You need full busybox to get cron. Use search on forum to download it, or get it from the wiki download folder.

thx for your post hugo, your script was very helpful for me. thx a lot.
    i will run it manualy because thats the best way it is working for me.
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Update.

No need to write ip to a file.
    This should also work:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    ez_path="/tmp/harddisk/ez-ipupdate"
    ip=`wget -O - http://checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/<\/body><\/html>.*//' |sed -e 's/<html><head><title>Current IP Check<\/title><\/head><body>Current IP Address: //'`
    /usr/sbin/ez-ipupdate --address $ip -c $ez_path/ez-ipupdate.conf -b $ez_path/cache
    And cron is also included in the newest firmware..

Sjur

Post Question about ddns service

Hello my question maybe a newbie one because im not fit in Linux.

I have installed Firmware 1.9.2.7-5a from Oleg on wl 500g. Configured a webserver with the guide of http://macsat.com/wlguide/web_php_ssh_guide.php

so far so good....ufff shutdown the noisi sme server.

I have allready registred www.chidi.ch at http://www.yi.org/ dyndns service and would like integrate ez-ipupdate on my WL500g.

Is there a way to do that? DNS update on dyndns.org is working fine but I have allready payed my account at yi....

Thanks in advance

Daniel Tejido
    tejido

Come on.. Search search search. Ez-ipupdate is already included! Search forum for examples.

S.

Question DDNS DynDNS.org static records & updates ?

Hi all,

I have problem with updates to DynDNS.org. I have configured it as static due to problem with expiration after 35 days because my IP doesn't change, my WL-500g is always on-line.

WL-500g firmware 1.9.2.7-5 (downloaded from this site)
    configuration: IP config > Miscellaneous > DDNS Setting
    - DDNS client enabled
    - server: WWW.DYNDNS.ORG(STATIC)
    - username + password + hostname (FQDN) are correct
    SysLog records (repeated every 6 hours):
    Jun 4 09:55:29 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (63.208.196.94) on port 80.
    Jun 4 09:55:29 ddns update: invalid hostname: xxx.dyndns.org

DynDNS.org: static record for hostname exists

Is it miscofigured somehow or is it a bug within DDNS client?

Thank you for help in advance

exXtreme

Static hosts could not be updated this way, they're supposed to be updated manually.

Question

Oleg,

I don't think you are right. Static hosts (as defined by DynDNS.org) can be updated automatically by clients, they are used for hosts with almost permanent IP address. This info is from DynDNS.org Web site.

This info is also supported by functionality of several clients including one from this custom firmware.

I don't understand how it should work on WL-500g. I suppose it should work as dynamic hosts but as defined propagation time is much higher. So errors described before may lead to some bug or misconfiguration of the client itself.

So how can I understand your answer? Is it about definition of DynDNS.org service or is it about functionality of embedded client?

Thanks in advance

exXtreme

Hm... Probably. wl500g.dyndns.org is managed manually anyway

Can someone add another website for the DDNS Setting

Hey guys, thanks for the modified bios, I love being able to use 2 printers on it! I have one feature I would like to see added. Can we use www.no-ip.com's service for the DDNS Setting. It's free and they offer a port 80 redirect for free. The others that are listed do not. If I can add it manually could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Dyndns.org which is supported has the exact same free services. DDNS and webredirect (with adds). I guess only difference is the available domain names. I don't know with no-ip but with dyndns you can choose between around 50 domains (http://www.dyndns.org/services/dns/dyndns/domains.html). But if that is important to you, you should check out afraid.org where they have thousands, and they have shellscripts you can use to update ip..

b.

Can WL500G router update multiple dynamic DYNDNS accounts?

Hi,

This is my first post here.. What a great source of information on the WL500G, I have mine a couple of weeks now and very pleased too!

I have downloaded and installed Oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b successfully.

The DYNDNS-section seems to be same as ASUS's original. But I have 3 different dynamic DNS accounts over at DYNDNS and I would very much prefer to have them updated by the router instead of running a client in my LAN. Is that possible with the WL500G? (If it needs explanation on LINUX configuration: I'm a total newbee!)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Cheerss..

Only impossible is impossible with the WL500G!.... Can anybody help me with this?

First thing is probably to figure out what client software the firmware uses for holding DDNS up 2 date.

After that, figure out how and where the web interface stores the information..

Finally you can probably use the same method in updating other hosts using a CRON job.

In dyndns (as in dyndns.org) you can create groups of domains, and update the entire group using the standard web interface - I have used that in the past.
    macsat
    http://www.macsat.com - Tutorials and information on using ASUS WL-500G and family.

porblem with ddns: weird ip

hi

i have a wl500gx connected to CDMA - zapp z010

firmware 1.9.2.7-6b-CDMA-1.61

operation mode: home gateway

wireless mode: ap only

no snmp, dhcp, route, port trigger, virtual server, dmz, lan to wan filter

firewall on

i have been trying to get ddns to work but it keeps posting a strange ip

i say it is strange, because it is not remote ip, nor local, it is fixed 48.68.207.42

ex:

in wl status page it shows all correct ips and info

WAN Type:Static
    IP addres 84.39.116.23
    Subnet Mask:: 255.255.255.255
    Gateway: 10.1.64.7
    DNS Servers:10.5.1.10 10.5.1.11

but when it updates ddns the posted ip is always 48.68.207.42 !!!!

log:
    Feb 26 18:58:07 pppd[152]: local IP address 84.39.116.23
    Feb 26 18:58:07 pppd[152]: remote IP address 10.1.64.7
    Feb 26 18:58:07 pppd[152]: primary DNS address 10.5.1.10
    Feb 26 18:58:07 pppd[152]: secondary DNS address 10.5.1.11
    Feb 26 18:58:08 dnsmasq[73]: read /etc/hosts - 5 addresses
    Feb 26 18:58:08 dnsmasq[73]: reading /tmp/resolv.conf
    Feb 26 18:58:08 dnsmasq[73]: using nameserver 10.5.1.11#53
    Feb 26 18:58:08 dnsmasq[73]: using nameserver 10.5.1.10#53
    Feb 26 18:58:08 Static: connect to ISP
    Feb 26 18:58:09 ntp client: Synchronizing time with time.nist.gov ...
    Feb 26 19:01:53 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (63.208.196.95) on port 80.
    Feb 26 19:01:53 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (63.208.196.95) on port 80.
    Feb 26 19:01:54 ddns update: request successful
    Feb 26 19:01:54 ddns update: members.dyndns.org says that your IP address has not changed since the last update
    Feb 26 19:01:56 ddns: ddns update ok

obviously it doesn t work when trying to connect from the internet but...

strange is that from local machine conected to router both the weird ip and ddns domain are recognized and it connects to the router !!!

also if i try to update from miscelanous ip config page it usually replies

ddns update: no update needed at this time

even if i have manually web set the ip to 1.1.1.1 and try to update it from router

if i reboot the router it will probably update the dns but with the weird ip

in dyndns web site it reports correct ip and if i manually update from there it works ok,

on reboot the log shows

Feb 26 18:57:32 ddns update: members.dyndns.org says that your IP address has not changed since the last update

although it has a brand new ip

sometimes it changes it to the weird ip....

i have tried a previously posted solution that was disable automatic dns in wan config page and input the isp dns ips but no changes with that config

please help !

thanks in advance

nonnus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast