Thread: DDNS Client Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can WL500G router update multiple dynamic DYNDNS accounts?

Hi,

This is my first post here.. What a great source of information on the WL500G, I have mine a couple of weeks now and very pleased too!

I have downloaded and installed Oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b successfully.

The DYNDNS-section seems to be same as ASUS's original. But I have 3 different dynamic DNS accounts over at DYNDNS and I would very much prefer to have them updated by the router instead of running a client in my LAN. Is that possible with the WL500G? (If it needs explanation on LINUX configuration: I'm a total newbee!)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Cheerss..

Only impossible is impossible with the WL500G!.... Can anybody help me with this?

First thing is probably to figure out what client software the firmware uses for holding DDNS up 2 date.

After that, figure out how and where the web interface stores the information..

Finally you can probably use the same method in updating other hosts using a CRON job.

In dyndns (as in dyndns.org) you can create groups of domains, and update the entire group using the standard web interface - I have used that in the past.
    macsat
    http://www.macsat.com - Tutorials and information on using ASUS WL-500G and family.