Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.8 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    Both the firmware's 1.9.2.8 and 1.9.2.7-3b are working great with Intel 2200BG and 8.1.0/8.1.0.28.

MAV; If i were you, i should be installing this intel combination on your centrino the proper way.
    Then i would reset the WL-500g to factory default with the reset button and the menu option.
    Reboot the ASUS and do a firmware upgrade again, with either the 1.9.2.8 or the 1.9.2.7.-3b and start from scratch.

Forget about WPA2 for the moment.
    Thanks for advice. I do that you say ( jbrbv & Spot ). But Problem still remain.
    If i used 1.9.2.7-3b & 8.1.0/8.1.0.28 - only WEP 128 bit can connect after 60 sec. ( WPA-psk + TKIP don't work with 100% signal)
    If i used 1.8.2.4 & 8.1.0/8.1.0.28 - connect in any possible encryption way ( now i used WPA-psk+TKIP)

Quote Originally Posted by MAV
    Thanks for advice. I do that you say ( jbrbv & Spot ). But Problem still remain.
    If i used 1.9.2.7-3b & 8.1.0/8.1.0.28 - only WEP 128 bit can connect after 60 sec. ( WPA-psk + TKIP don't work with 100% signal)
    If i used 1.8.2.4 & 8.1.0/8.1.0.28 - connect in any possible encryption way ( now i used WPA-psk+TKIP)
    please try re-installing your windows as well..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

To Antiloop
    Reinstall WinXp with SP2 or simple WinXP?

Quote Originally Posted by MAV
    To Antiloop
    Reinstall WinXp with SP2 or simple WinXP?
    both, i've read about some weird problems with wireless cards and sp1 (or sp2)
    but can't remember anymore where I read it

so it is possible that something got mixed up during updating windows/drivers

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    both, i've read about some weird problems with wireless cards and sp1 (or sp2)
    but can't remember anymore where I read it

so it is possible that something got mixed up during updating windows/drivers
    Excuse me, jumping in.. From SP1 on WinXP has some good WiFi support.
    IMHO WinXP Pro SP2 is even better for WiFi (WPA) if you load all the patches after applying SP2.
    So start with WinXP SP2 and the Intel ProSet 8.x.x versions.
    Suc6.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    Excuse me, jumping in.. From SP1 on WinXP has some good WiFi support.
    IMHO WinXP Pro SP2 is even better for WiFi (WPA) if you load all the patches after applying SP2.
    So start with WinXP SP2 and the Intel ProSet 8.x.x versions.
    Suc6.
    true I join you in that statement, but I talking was about SP1 + Intel stuff, but that problem could be solved already As I don't know anymore where I read it..

true I join you in that statement, but I talking was about SP1 + Intel stuff, but that problem could be solved already As I don't know anymore where I read it..
    You're right, the early versions were BAD. The latest v8.1 version is/was good. Now with the v9 version they can improve a lot....

Unhappy Finally given up on WL500G + Centrino

It is a pity but I have brought back my WL500G to the shop and got my money back.....
    I tried everything to get it to work properly, searched any avenue on this forum, tried all the firmware combinations from ASUS and Intel but it just would not work reliably

At the start the connection is great, icon says excellent connection 54 Mbps but within 5 minutes it drops to 1Mbps and drops the connection after an other minute or two, reconnects and the story starts all over again.

It is a shame because I loved the feature set that was ever expanding with the help of Oleg and the other contributors.

Can someone send me a mail when there is a new version of the router that works as advertised???? (and keeps doing that).

Back on my old Linksys with 11Mbps but reliable!!

Quote Originally Posted by ewf

It is a pity but I have brought back my WL500G to the shop and got my money back.....
    I tried everything to get it to work properly, searched any avenue on this forum, tried all the firmware combinations from ASUS and Intel but it just would not work reliably

At the start the connection is great, icon says excellent connection 54 Mbps but within 5 minutes it drops to 1Mbps and drops the connection after an other minute or two, reconnects and the story starts all over again.

It is a shame because I loved the feature set that was ever expanding with the help of Oleg and the other contributors.

Can someone send me a mail when there is a new version of the router that works as advertised???? (and keeps doing that).

Back on my old Linksys with 11Mbps but reliable!!
    The problems with the connection are exactly the same as i was having when using Intel's PROset/Driver combination 9.0.1/9.0.1.9. No matter which ASUS firmware i used. Even with LinkSys WAP54G i had the same problems.
    Intel's PROSet/Driver 8.1.0/8.1.0.28 are good in combination with most ASUS Firmware's.
    Have you been reading this thread from page 1 on?
    Can you give us a description of your setup?

My set up is quite simple, WL500G and my Laptop (Centrino 2200BG).

I used all versions of the firmware from ASUS and Oleg with 1.8 and 1.9 Intel versions. Testing cost me a lot of time and was very frustrating. It also did not matter if I used WEP or WPA etc....

Even the connection I tested from a normal PC with a WL100G would not work reliably. Anoying that PC is my music pc and could not play a full CD over the network, stops in the middle.

So my gues it is the router, I am typing this on my couch with the same laptop but a 11b Linksys AP.

As I said a pity, I liked this router and features.

Erik

voip with firmware 1.9.2.8 beta not working

I use voip for my telephone. Everything worked great with firmware 1.9.2.7 3. But with 1.9.2.8 beta the voip was unable to login the server. I changed the firmware back form 1.92.8 to 1.9.2.7 3 and I could call again and the voip is registred again. I use the same settings form both firmware's

Quote Originally Posted by dikko
    I use voip for my telephone. Everything worked great with firmware 1.9.2.7 3. But with 1.9.2.8 beta the voip was unable to login the server. I changed the firmware back form 1.92.8 to 1.9.2.7 3 and I could call again and the voip is registred again. I use the same settings form both firmware's

you can not compare a custom firmware with a beta firmware, they do not carry the same functions

try firmware 1.9.2.7 to compare with firmware 1.9.2.8

Quote Originally Posted by ewf
    My set up is quite simple, WL500G and my Laptop (Centrino 2200BG).

I used all versions of the firmware from ASUS and Oleg with 1.8 and 1.9 Intel versions. Testing cost me a lot of time and was very frustrating. It also did not matter if I used WEP or WPA etc....

Even the connection I tested from a normal PC with a WL100G would not work reliably. Anoying that PC is my music pc and could not play a full CD over the network, stops in the middle.

So my gues it is the router, I am typing this on my couch with the same laptop but a 11b Linksys AP.

As I said a pity, I liked this router and features.

Erik
    perhaps using another channel would have helped you.. a lot of times it has been proven that channels below 7 can cause problems

Centrino problems

There are some problems with compatibility of AP's with Centrino, according to the Intel website, changing the advanced settings Power management and Transmit power, change these to MAX instead of default.
    Look at the picture in attachment..
    This does the trick for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

perhaps using another channel would have helped you.. a lot of times it has been proven that channels below 7 can cause problems
    You're right i'va faced this problem....

However my Centrino 2200BG works great with my WL500g, regardless of the Asus Firmware version or the Intel Proset version. Currently i'm using the latest intel Proset, and everything works fine.

The only thing that happens is that i can not use passphrase for wep keys, i have to use hexadecimal digits, otherwise any attempt to connect will fail....
    The Struggle Continues...
    Asus WL500g #1 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as main home gateway, with Philipps PWC730k
    Asus WL500g #2 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as Wireless Client, running palantir 2.6 with SPCA5xx camera on 128MB generic USB key

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast