Thread: Wl-500G problems

Question Wl-500G problems

Hello

I got the WL-500G yesterday,and have been using it for about 26 hours now,but i have a few questions..

Im using the WL-500G i Ap mode with Asus 1.8.1.9 firmware,have 1 laptop that connects trough the 500G,everything else goes trough a switch.

1. Im trying to upgrade to the latest Asus firmware,but i just wont work.. i've tried everything.. i've tried all the sugestions i have found on this forum,just won't work

2. When downloading via Bittorrent on my laptop, im suddenly of the net,nothing works,the computer says it online,i can even log into the 500G, but surfring the net and telenet'ing my router dosn't work, the only solution is to unplug the thing..

3. (I had this problem in the beggining) When changing something in the router settings,the whole thing would crash,and i couln't come in contact with it..upgraded to SP2,and now suddenly everything works..

The Custom firmwares by Oleg, are those webinterface based or commado based ?

So,is this unit crap and should i return it, and get another brand?
    Or is there hope for it?

Maybe i have the WAN issue,if there's no workaround,i gonna return it..

Thanks for replys

just upgrade to newer firmware to prevent WAN lockups

use search for the bittorent issue thing

the firmwares from Oleg, are based on asus firmwares
    meaning that they use both webinterface setup, but the firmware from oleg can be configured too using telnet/ssh

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

So what firmware do you recomend?
    Orginal Asus og Oleg's ?
    And what version?

If oleg's customs are web based i can use them

Quote Originally Posted by MiRaCL
    So what firmware do you recomend?
    Orginal Asus og Oleg's ?
    And what version?

If oleg's customs are web based i can use them
    firmware 1.9.2.7cr3a or 1.9.2.7cr2 would just do fine, you just have to decide for yourself

i'm using few functions daily in my network setup which are not present in the original asus firmware (think of samba, and the use of LPT + USB printer at the same time)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO