Thread: Wireless & HD problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lol - put it this way, the acer feels like a really good quality product. Not had any probs with them.

My HP & compaq laptops - well, they've only been back 32 times. I've had four new ones and the fourth of these is going back tomorrow :- )

The cards are just intel centrino technology *spits* one b one g. That's all I know. The other AP is unbranded, and the same problems occur whether it's on or off. The ADSL router is also unbranded but I don't think it's likely to be causing a problem.

Also the wl-hdd keeps crashing when transferring files. I can't take it back because unfortunately, it's from Hong Kong. That might just be the HD, but that doesn't explain why I have so many problems with the wireless.

if the wl-hdd is really defective you can take them in for a repair, you only need an authorized reseller/distributor to do it for you

and be very glad that you did not have any problem with your acer yet, here in holland you may wait a few weeks or months(2-3..) before they are finally returned to you.. and maybe if you are lucky they are fixed then..
    or at last.. they lost the acer in their own building.. and then they return a new one to you, which ofcourse is defective.. anyway enough about my nightmares..

anyway please update to newest firmware or something (1.2.3.0)
    also restore defaults of the device and restart from scratch with configuring the device (do not load back configuration files..) and try again

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Still not sure whether it's the WL-Hdd or the hard disk drive. I'm having loads of difficulties getting any data off it and the official firmware tells me there are inconsitancies with the drive.

Without knowing what this inconsitancies are, it's a little diffiult to fix!

Meanwhile, I'm desperately trying to get the content off (about 30gigs) so I can do a format of the drive.

Are there any better tools with the off the shelf firmware upgrades from Oleg etc?