Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cross compiling with the toolchain

Well the odd thing was that libmemcache compiled fine for the host but not for the target as I tested that theory. It is an oddity and looks like a small incompatibility with something in libtool 2.x and the environment. I had downgraded to 8.04 (in a VM now) and it compiles fine since I can use libtool 1.5 there.
    WL500g Premium R1.14 with 128MB mod and serial port mod
    Oleg 1.9.2.7-10 - Lighttpd w/ PHP using eAccelerator - multi-user ready - dropbear secured setup

Any way of checking the binary before risking 100€

Is there a way of checking if binary is OK, before risking the upload?

As oleo explained, diff won't do:
    Oleg always post-include nmap binary in its firmwares.
    So you can never expect the same binary. Even if nmap would not be included, binaries would not be the same becaus of possible difference in direcory tree traversing during LZMA compression.
    Also there are several binaries in http://oleg.wl500g.info/1.9.2.7-10/, for each model a different one (diff reveals they ARE different).
    How can you change for which target you are compiling. Either that's not written in the guides or I missed it.

Thanx for any help.

Crosscompile for WL500gpv2

Hallo,

I try to crosscompile packages for Wl50gpv2 but did not make it up to now. Using the oleg-target toolchain has no success. Is there a special toolchain for the v2?

Best regards
    delmo

Help with crosscompiling

Hi!

I want to build and use TntNet tools for the oleg's firmware.

Is this possible or I need to build a whole firmware from scratch. I like the olegs firmware and I don't want to switch but if I cant, I cant...

Can someone guide me with some links or ideas so I can start? All my searches goes in wrong directions.

Here is the proof that the packages are maintained for the openwrt so I think I can build them.

Are there other repository for olegs where I can search for the respective application?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234