[admin@WL500gx root]$ test gpio /dev/gpio/outen
    val : 1
    [admin@WL500gx root]$ test gpio /dev/gpio/out
    val : 0
    [admin@WL500gx root]$ test gpio /dev/gpio/in
    val : b6
    [admin@WL500gx root]$ test gpio /dev/gpio/control
    val : 0

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Power LED control

So far I can only control Power LED with:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /dev/gpio/out
    echo 0 > /dev/gpio/out
    Don't know if it alter anything else.

i can do that too
    But there is only one power led, not 8, and it doesn't have a nice socket
    I'll try to use the functions from paraport_splink.c file, but so far ... segmentation fault.

Apparently Zolf created a module that does just that...but I think he is no longer intrested in this.
    Update

Created a module which gives me access to a memory location.
    It is still very basic but i can now access the data register of the parallel port
    and turn the connected LED on and off with a kind of /dev/gpio interface.
    I used the gpio.c 'example' of the /linux/arch/mips/brcm* directory and some code from parport_splink.c.

Free gpio line on wl500Gp

Hello all,

This is my first post here, i'm found of wl500gX who is in end of life. My next router will be an wl500gP but i need two gpio line for adding an i2c bus.

Is anyone have tested gpio line on this board ?

I haven't seen gpio line on picture, is there gpio line accessible like on 500gX ?

Thanks in advance.

I reply myself.

I have buy one wl500gp and there is no gpio line directly available.
    I will search for in next day.

GPIO lines on WL-500g Premium

Hello all, i'm looking for schematic or description where can i find GPIO lines ??
    I want connect to router I2C bus etc.. Many thanks for help.

Ondra

Question Flashing leds

Hi!

I want to flash the leds.
    I know how to switch on (printf "\x00" > /dev/gpio/out) and off (printf "\x02" > /dev/gpio/out) the power led, but i want to switch the others.
    Is this possible?

GPIO on wl500gx

I would like to use GPIO lines for monitoring some signals, and to power an external led.

I have no clue however, how this should be done. I've read something about the diag driver on OpenWRT, but I run Oleg's firmware.

I have a wl500gx (deluxe)

I see something about gpio in /dev/gpio but I don't know how to use it.

I want to monitor three states on each gpio line: on/off/flashing (1 sec interval on-off)

Anyone?
    Solar inverter monitoring with Asus wl500gx http://solar.reinieren.net (dutch)

Quote Originally Posted by mistraller View Post
    I want to monitor three states on each gpio line: on/off/flashing (1 sec interval on-off)

Anyone?
    You can use USB HID device (keyboard) as input/output interface. Input - keys circuit, output - LED line.
    © 2008-2013 ABATAPA WL-500gP/128M / Asus RT-N16 / USB Flash / VLAN / PPPoE / VoIP / nShaper / NAS: iStor is607, Sarotech NAS-20, QNap 109 Pro / NFS / Ïðèíòåð / etc

All 4 usb ports are in use, and GPIO is free to use. I don't want to add an USB hub, if gpio ports are available.
    Maybe not the easiest solution, but the most interesting for me, because i want to know how GPIO works.
    Solar inverter monitoring with Asus wl500gx http://solar.reinieren.net (dutch)

well, if you need only reading by router from these GPIOs, I guess it is the easiest. Just read continuously:
    PHP Code:
    cat /dev/gpio/in 
    then change the state of the pins and see the changes in the value obtained and try to figure out which bit is which.

To write to /dev/gpio/out you should provide first a bit mask in /dev/gpio/outen

Quote Originally Posted by gzalou View Post
    Hello all,
    ... but i need two gpio line for adding an i2c bus.
    Ia anybody has found free GPIO lines?

Quote Originally Posted by dINIs View Post
    Ia anybody has found free GPIO lines?
    Hey!

Could you find out something about the GPIO lines on the Asus Wl 500? I need it also for I2C purpose.