Thread: Other attena on wl500g

Other attena on wl500g

Hi,

i was wondering if there are people here who use a different attenna on their wl500g, and if they found it much of an improvement.

If so, wich one are you using?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I'm using the antenna bundled with my ASUS P5AD2 Premium and the signal is significantly better...but that's under my house and so on

using the one at the picture,

also bundled with Linksys WMP54g cards..

did not found much improvement as the normal one already supplied enough 'power'

Left: wl500g deluxe with standard antenna
    right: wl500g with 'linksys' antenna
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Hello,

I use the original Asus antenna, but with an aditional parabolic reflector...
    And it work's quite well.
    Without the reflector, I can't connect to a remote AP...
    but, with it, I do connect and get downloads of arround 80-100kb/s ...

I't very cheap and easy to build... here's more info:
    http://www.freeantennas.com/prod01.htm
    [ WL-500G | fw: 1.9.2.7-7f ]

Hi

I use a little Desktop antenna from a MSI Wlan card. This litle "Teletubbi" is sould and used by many other companys, but its overpriced if you dont get it includet with a pci card. With it, i got a reliable connection to the station which had weak signal around 20% before. Wire lenght is 1m, quite short with a pc, but enough on the 500g.

Also, im building a directional quad antenna, have to wait for the R-SMA plugs.
    Similar to this one.

Greets
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WlanMan; 12-12-2004 at 11:48.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

DWL-M60AT 6dBi interior direccional

Hi,

I tested both D-LINK DWL-R60AT and DWL-M60AT 6dBi interior direccional antennas along with WL-500g.

I finally choose DWL-M60AT because the antenna connecting cable allows me to move the WL-500g without screwing the antenna orientation (DWL-R60AT doesn't have a cable).

My wireless (D-LINK DWL-G520+) PC is 12m and 3 brick walls away from the router.

Wireless was dropping out and preformance was poor. Now Signal Strength is Excellent and I transfer a 791.323Kb file in 7m:54s between the wireless and a wired PC. Wireless connection has been rock solid for several days now...

Best regards,