Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7

Quote Originally Posted by kjetil
    The WDS funktion works with 1.9.2.7, and very good too.

Using WPA-PSK with TKIP on both my Asus.
    Have you tried WPA-PSK with AES or WPA-PSK with TKIP/AES?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster
    Of course I could use a download manager, but when it takes an hour to download 5.5 megs of data, I'd look for more mirrors.
    Depends on your internet connection

Check it out, 5.4 Mb in 15 secs !! I just LOVE my Chello account

Hi.

Has anyone tested the Bandwith management? For me it seems to work on the download side, but the upload doesn't kick in. This is a problem when i am downloading something and try to use my VoIP. Problem is probably that the phone uploads on a port range of several hundred ports and you are not able to specify several ports.

I think you should have also been able to specify on IP-level like on the download side.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    Have you tried WPA-PSK with AES or WPA-PSK with TKIP/AES?
    Yes. Same config on both Asus'es results:
    WPA-PSK TKIP/AES does NOT work.
    WPA-PSK AES does work.
    WPA-PSK TKIP does work.

Also tried TKIP/AES to an AES config, but did not work.

Kjetil

ADSL XS4ALL Connection problem with firmware 1.9.2.7

After flashing my WL-500G with the latest firmware (1.9.2.7) I was unable to connect to my ISP XS4ALL.

The error I recieved is Connect script Failed.
    I've tried resetting the router to the factory defaults, loading the original settings, configuring the settings by hand, etc.

XS4ALL uses a PPTP connection. The Wireless router (client) must be configured with a 10.0.0.x address and must have the default gateway set to 10.0.0.138. With the new firmware, I'm unable to configure these IP settings.

To solve te problem, I flashed the router with the previous firmware. After loading the original firmware (1.8.3) everything worked fine.

Amrensen: XS4ALL uses KPN as ADSL supplier right?

There are other people who can't get the connection with KPN working. Are you willing to supply a simple 'WL-500g with KPN' HOWTO? It would be much appreciated.

XS4ALL uses KPN

What information would you like me to give? I can provide you with the current settings of the router, which works with the 1.8.1.9 firmware release.

IP Config - WAN & LAN
    WAN Connection Type: PPTPBig
    WAN Connection Speed: Auto negotiation

WAN IP Setting
    IP Address: 10.0.0.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.0.138
    WAN DNS Setting
    Get DNS Server automatically? Yes
    DNS Server1:
    DNS Server2:

PPPoE or PPTP Account
    User Name: username@xs4all-basic-adsl
    Password: ************
    Idle Disconnect Time in seconds(option):
    MTU:
    MRU:
    Service Name(option):
    Access Concentrator Name(option):
    Enable PPPoE Relay? No
    Special Requirement from ISP
    Host Name:
    MAC Address:
    Heart-Beat Server:

LAN IP Setting
    IP Address: 192.168.x.x
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Quote Originally Posted by amrensen
    What information would you like me to give? I can provide you with the current settings of the router, which works with the 1.8.1.9 firmware release.
    How your modem is configured?

See previous post for TCP/IP Settings

See previous post for TCP/IP Settings of the Asus WL500G. If other info is needed, please let me know.

The ADSL modem is configured with the default settings, supplied by KPN. These settings should be correct, because I've never had trouble before and nothing is changed lately.
    Last edited by amrensen; 21-12-2004 at 20:28.

Question Wireless DHCP don't work with netgear MP101

I'm trying to connect a netgear MP101 to my router. If I connect it wired, it works fine. If I try to connect it wireless, it connects with the router quite easily and then it can't get an IP-address (it gets ip 169.254.103.23 with subnet 255.255.0.0), even if dhcp is working (it worked wired) . I tried several things, like manually asign it on the netgear, which gave the netgear an IP, but it wasn't connected to the network. I entered on the router an ip to the mac address. This also didn't resolved the problem. Are their more people facing this problem or heared of it? The stranged thing is that on the log page of wireless you can see that the netgear is connected, but on the dhcp release page you can't see it. But if I use a wire you can see it on the dhcp release page. I hope people can understand the problem and I hope someone can help me. BTW: I had the same problem with 1.8.2.4, that's why I upgraded to the latest version.

a small latest question: what does WMM mean on the advanced wireless page?

You have a problem with wireless security, that's why it does not get an IP address. If you use tkip+aes, then try tkip or aes only.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbos
    a small latest question: what does WMM mean on the advanced wireless page?
    WMM
    This special feature controls bandwidth between the head-end (Access Point) and the client-end (computer), and users the option to decide if this feature should be enabled. Applications are sorted into four categories to which the amount of bandwidth is allocated accordingly. Users can now choose to prioritize programs and applications to ensure smooth operation as well as effective usage of resources.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/comm...g/overview.htm
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    You have a problem with wireless security, that's why it does not get an IP address. If you use tkip+aes, then try tkip or aes only.
    The netgear only supports wep, so that's why I'm using 128bit wep. I tried it also without security but that gave the same problem. This morning I also tried to connect my laptop wireless and that worked perfectly. It got an IP an it worked. I think the problem is in the netgear. I'm going to fire my question to the netgear helpdesk. And thanks for the answer to my other question

Anyone has problems with admin name/password?
    I can not change admin name.
    I can change password, but after restart it does not accept the new password So I have to do 5sec-button-reset.
    ---
    just changed password. Apparently it was too long, although it used to work in 1.7... versions. What is the limit on the password length?
    ----
    Now another problem - manual IP assignment does not work.
    I need it, since i have 2 pcs and I want to forward ports to one of them.
    So, I add 2 MAC addresses, 1 wireless, 1 wired, and give them IPs 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3

DHCP enabled: yes
    IP Pool Starting Address: 192.168.1.4
    IP Pool Ending Address: 192.168.1.254
    Lease Time: 86400
    Default Gateway:
    Enable Manual Assignment? yes
    <MAC1>:192.168.1.3
    <MAC2>:192.168.1.2

When I restart, the computers get IPs:192.168.1.4 and 192.168.1.5

--------------------

hmm, ok, fixed that too. Apparently, i need to enable "battlenet"
    see http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1739 for more
    seems like time to try custom firmware
    Last edited by andru123; 04-03-2005 at 11:20.

@ andru123

Hi,

I have original firmware 1.9.2.7 and manual IP assignment works very well for me. I have almost the same configuration as you. The only difference is:

IP Pool Starting Address: 192.168.1.2

(bye the way, battlenet is disabled).

Regards,

k7g2lm3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast