Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Download Master

Inner workings of Download Master

Hi
    Since I guess that oleg somehow got the source code to the official ASUS firmware, I was wondering if he or someone who caught a glimpse of it can explain how download master works. AFAIK it uses UDP port 9999 and sends 3 packets with unknown data to connect. There are some integers there (keep finding packs of 0xFFFF FFFF) and surely the packets must be handled somehow.
    So, does anyone know anythig ?

Quote Originally Posted by vladk2k View Post
    I guess that oleg somehow got the source code to the official ASUS firmware
    you can also download the source code of the asus firmware e.g. here: http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Ah, yes, I see now
    Thank you very much

ASUS Download Master does not download files

Router (ASUS WL-500W) wokrs, there is no problem with inernet connection, no problem with WiFi, USB drive is attached, recognizsed and it's accessible from computers for read and write operations.
    I've installed ASUS utilities, started Download Master, added torrent files, and none of them is downloading. Status on all torrents is shown as "Queued", and nubber of peers - 0, so no speed, no ETA, no progress.
    Tried to look for a solution here and on official website forum. No luck. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ivm; 03-10-2009 at 13:55. Reason: additional info

that's just the way the download master handles torrents.
    it just hardly works, now and then it downloads something even when you portforward everything.

if you want good torrent speeds I can only recommend something like oleg firmware, you can compare those speeds with PC speeds

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789