:\

What kind of configuration do u use?

Firmware?

Wan modem?

Connection to pc?

Thank u

Using Download Master from Linux?

Hi,

I'd like to use my WL500g's native download-master functionality. However, I'm using Linux on my PC. Does anyone know if any of the following exists?
    • Linux version of Download-master client program
    • Any other way to enter URL's or Torrents into the download-master cue?

If not, then can someone tell me how hard installing a alternative firmware is going to be...

Thanks in advance

Sylvain

If your using Linux, then there is no objection to you to put the oleg firmware to your router

After you got yourself a minilinux pc :P
    Just go to the SCTCS thread for the torrent download

I can't download with torrent master on torrentleech and other private sites...

Download Master problem, please help

I've got new asus router wl-500g Premium.And I have one big problem with it. Download Master can't get won't, it always says : "Device Not Found No device was found! Please check your network connection and try again"

On the other hand this is my System Log :
    "
    Jan 1 01:00:08 dhcp client: deconfig: lease is lost
    Jan 1 01:00:10 dhcp client: bound IP : 87.250.38.122 from 87.250.38.254
    May 18 20:31:52 ntp client: time is synchronized to time.nist.gov
    May 18 20:31:53 USB storage: vfat fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part0
    May 18 20:34:27 USB storage: 32760k swap file is added
    May 18 20:34:27 FTP server: daemon is started
    May 18 20:34:29 Samba server: daemon is started
    May 18 20:34:32 Download Master: daemon is started"
    Since Download Master is started, and I can access the flash disk via \\192.168.1.1 and ftp://192.168.1.1 I assume that it is no problem with the flash disk. Here is what it says about my USB disk : "
    [USB Upper port]
    Vendor: KINGMAX Model: USB2.0 Flashdisk
    Partition 1: size: 982.0, free: 949.8"
    On this disk is folder part0 and in it two folders etc, and share. In share folder there are Download, Music, Photo and Video folder all created by the router. In Download folder there are following folders : .logs, Complete, config, InComplete.

Can someone please help me, by telling me how to fix download master.

Router came with 1.9.7.4 firmware, but I downgrade it to 1.9.7.0 becouse i need bandwidth management from this (1.9.7.0) firmware. Anyway I was getting same message with new (1.9.7.4) firmware.

Thank you so much for your help.

I have resolved this problem, but I still have lots of others, and considering to go to Oleg's firmware, so I have some questions about it :

1. Can I still keep web interface, ot it's command line only?
    2. Is it possible to have bandwidth management on web interface? Something like using official firmware.
    3. How can I download torrent files using Oleg's firmware?
    4. Is it possible to go back to asus firmware from Oleg's?

TNX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marco82 View Post
    I have resolved this problem, but I still have lots of others, and considering to go to Oleg's firmware, so I have some questions about it :

1. Can I still keep web interface, ot it's command line only?
    2. Is it possible to have bandwidth management on web interface? Something like using official firmware.
    3. How can I download torrent files using Oleg's firmware?
    4. Is it possible to go back to asus firmware from Oleg's?

TNX!!!
    1. Yes,
    2. Yes,
    3. Yes, transmission, ctorrent, etc..
    4. Yes,

Web interface in Oleg's firmware is beter than official firmware so don't wory, upgrade it now !

Download Master Problem

Hi Pawelo

I had similar and here's how I got round it :

- Upgrade to 1.9.8.2 firmware

This seems to stop the complaining about the swap file.

- Upgrade to 3.0.8.0 Utility software

Required to work with 1.9.8.2 firmware.

Then I had the problem of DM not being to find the router although the quick setup software did. After taking a packet trace I found that DM was only taking the the last network card entry in the registry for me that was my VMware virtual interfaces so I set these to disabled, it then took the wireless interface so i disabled that and finally it took the LAN interface at which point it found and connected to the router.

Afterwards it seems ok to turn them back on if required and DM still works,it must keep note of last used interface somewhere.

Also remember to configure the DM in the GUI.

Let me know how you get on.

psylockex
    My Kit :
    Asus Wl-500w 1.9.8.2 & WL500gd 1.9.4.6 ( WPA-PSK, WDS, Samba, DM, FTP, Epson PhotoStylus RX620 )
    Samsung X30 Centrino 1.7, 1Gb, 60Gb, 2200BG - Fujitsu 7010S 1.6, 1Gb, 60Gb, 2200BG - Cisco Cat 4003 - Network Appliance NAS/SAN F270 2TB

Hi,
    I finally solved the problem just 1-2 weeks after I experienced it - I'd bought exterlnal 200GB harddrive on USB So ASUS software no more reporting 'cannot create swap' and DM finds swap file and works. Since then I also upgraded firmware (as you did) and hopefully still works

Thanks,
    Pawelo
    Pawelo

download master can't find the usb HD

I am using 80 gb SATA usb samsung hard drive. But the download master program cannot find the usb hard disk on a remote pc using XP. But the files on the disk can be found on that pc using network neighborhood and also ftp site in the router can be found from that pc. Is that something to do with port forwarding? pls help.

Further

I have partitioned the disk with 1'st part 25 gb fat32 and the rest 50 gb NTFS, after reading the other posts in this forum.and also connected the usb drive at the lower port. But still the drive can't be found by the DM. I have switched off the firewalls also. Pls someone help.

Thanks.
    riben

download master problem

when i try to download using DM, the file(http) is partialy downloaded or exactly the amount (size) in the complete folder, when i turned off the pc. Is there a special way to instruct DM todownload after i turn off the pc.

thanks.
    riben

1.9.7.5 and download master

in firmware 1.9.7.5 i had the same problems
    after some trying it works by me only on a ext2 or ext3
    formatted hard disk

this on a wl500gp that had a firmware upgrade from 1.9.7.0 to 1.9.7.5

on a second wl500gp with firmware 1.9.7.4 out of the box
    i did an upgrade to 1.9.7.5 it was only working after load settings
    from the 1.9.7.0 machine

ext2 and ext3 made by partition magic 8 in my case

groetjes rene

Solved!!! Simple Tutorial for others

Okay i have solved my problem myself.I have decided to write the procedure in a simple way for those who are novices like me.
    First you have to format the usb hard disk with two partition with the first part being less than 30gb and of fat32. The rest can be of NTFS format.Then plug the drive in the upper usb port of the router and be sure there is an external power supply for the hard drive.According to asus the supplied power supply from he usb ports are very minimum to support the usb disk.
    When u have plugged the disk check if it is mounted by the router (in the status of the usb at router configuration page.)

If other things are okay with your configuration, that is u r getting the wireless signal from the router to browse and download from ur pc, turn the port triggering on in the NAT settings. When the Download master cannot find ur disk, check the udp port number it is using to communicate with the router.If u have kasperesky firewall installed U can check this
    in the network monitoring option. Also u can use any other network monitoring utility. Once u have notted the port number
    turn of any firewall u have.Back in the NAT settings in the trigger port list, add that port number as both UDP and TCP and vise versa.Also enable the default for quick time 4 client and real audio. For example, if your DM is using udp port 9999, enter 9999 in the triger port, select TCP, enter 9999 in the incoming port, select protocol udp and press the add button.Do
    the same again, now with both protocol udp and add it. Click apply and finish to restart the router. Now in the USB application section turn on the download master and enable download share if u havenot done at first. Set default port range for download share some thing like this-- if ur DM is using the udp port 9999 enter 9990 in the from box.To box field will be automaticaly set to 10040.Click apply and finish to restart the router. Check in the status & log if the mentioned port has been forwarded, in the
    port fordwarding page.

Now we are all set. Remember to turn off any firewall and use the device discovery utility of asus to find the router in the wireless
    mode.Continously press the search button untill it is found.Once found open the Download Master program and from the file menu
    select connect. It will take several try to connect to the disk and router. once connected it will show the status online. Now u can start ur downloading.

Remember I am using the router in the Gateway mode, with DHCP server on. So all the mentioned procedure may not work for all others who are using this as a different setup. Although this procedure is working for me, I don't garuntee it will work for all nor do i take any resposibility for any damage done by using this processess.

Anyway, It is helpfull if u get no other ways. Let me know if this procedure works for u.

thanks & regards.
    Riben

Invalid Directory?

I have had the same problem for the last couple of months: "The page cannot be displayed". (firmware 1.9.7.6, ASUS WL-500W) Today I had to realize the simplicity of this fault in my system...

Once, when my download manager (DM) was working properly, I must have changed deep down into one of the subdirectories on my harddisk and then left the DM. Later I must have deleted this same subdirectory e.g. in the explorer.

Now the Internet Explorer 7 in the DM window was practically off road. It was trying to display a page that did not exist.

After using the "parent directory" button a couple of times I found myself in an existing folder and lived happily ever after.

I hope this helps... well according to the dates of your posts, I guess you've solved it already, in case that your error message has had an as straight forward answer.

All the best!
    /Peter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast