Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Master

Download master 'Cannot find device error'

Last night, I experienced the same problem.
    I downloaded the latest Download master, but no result.
    I flashed the latest firmware, 1.9.7.0, but no result.
    Finally I decided to change the 'Lower Port' into the 'Upper Port', applied and restarted the router and then the download master worked.

If ASUS had changed the description in the configuration page, fewer people would experience this problem. It now says 'USB-Port for Media Server'.

You can also attach your disk to the other USB-port.

Hope this helps.

Download Master - who can explain?

Hi, can anyone explain following settings of ASUS FW WL-500gP ??

Enable Download Master?
    Enable Download Share?
    Enable Media Server?

Enable Download Master - is clear -> I cant connect with my Download Master appliaction to router if disabled (on 1st try I had to enable also Download Share but now not).

According to docu Enable Download Share should allow access to attached USB from LAN .. now I have disabled it and still can connect (FTP, Windows sharing).

What is Enable Media Server good for???

Someone experienced please explain .. I do not want to share my HDD from internet - even now with the FTP security bug ...

Thx, r.

I think the sharing part is only on the lan not on the wan (that should make sense)
    Media server is (at least I think) for upnp enabled devices since I don't have such a thing I can't tell you for sure...

Enable download share is like it says, enables sharing of files downloaded with download master. It does NOT share anything to internet, it shares only to lan. If you have configured the router to share those directorys (or whole HDD) somewhere else, it has no effect and can as well be disabled.

Open port forn BT with Download Master

When I try to download BT with the DM the trackers keeps reporting my port as closed.

Is there anyway to open the port in the same manner as you would if you used a torrent client on the workstation?

/Shaggy

How to change port for Download Master

Hi all.

Maybe someone can help me how to change port for BT download (BitTorrent Download Master). I dont know where i can change this port. I have opened only 2 ports and if i want to use BT download i must change default port to the one of these 2 opened.

Anyone can help?
    I have only 4 ports opened outside and i need to change port for BT connections. Im using 1.9.7.0 Asus firmware.

Config options for Download master on share?

The Download Master directory has a directory called 'Config' on the share.
    Does that mean that a config can be placed there? Does anyone know why it is there...?

1.9.7.2 & Download Master problem & Proxy

Hi.

Download master doesn't work for me.
    I have wl500gP with firmware 1.9.7.2. When I try download via IE
    "Download using ASUS Download" nothing is added into Transfers window in Download Master. May be it is because I don't know where to set PROXY for Wifi router. It has forbidden direct access to internet but there is no way to set proxy server for router. Can be this real source of problem ?

PS: sorry my English :-)

Download master does not work with Oleg's firmware. It's not even intended to do so. If you would read the changelog you can see it yourself.
    Rgds,
    Zsoltie

ahum proby, the good man uses Asus firmware...

I discovered that when your USb device is added as a network drive to explorer, Dowload Master does not work. Once removed (and therefore only visible in My Network connections / Explorer) Download master will work. Don't know if it solves your problem...

If your router is not allowed to talk to internet besides port 80 you might want to try/install a proxy program on your PC.

Download Master - Torrent Status Queued

Hi all!

First of all: I've read all the topic about download manager, but i haven't found the solution (except ctorrent, but i'm dummi for linux).

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Problem is simple:
    (I've 1.9.7.2 original firm.)

Download Master works fine (with http, ftp downloads)
    But it is not working with torrent! When i put some torrent into the dl-master it always says: Queued.

It is absolutely egal what kind of torrent i try always the same: Queued.
    (Azureus works perfect on my PC, so i know the basics of torrent things)

Should i open some port for DL-Master? (like 1213 TCP/UDP Both for 192.168.1.1) <= i've tried this solution. Nothing happend. Queued

Please help! THANKS A LOT!

puffi

To be honest, it always says queued to me. But if I leave it alone for a few hours and come back, it's partly downloaded and still queued!
    -G

I left it for 36 hours and still queued

15. Cool Bt

Hi, yes I have the same opinion, but my experiments give me an answer.
    If you want to say "tommorow", you can use Pause download.
    If you want restart your asus, you can do it.
    After restarting router, you see nothing in DM, but if you doubleclick on "wanted" .torrent file again, the file appear in DM.
    After some time ASUS show you current status of download and continue with it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast