Thread: recompiling "halt" command - Oleg, please help...

recompiling "halt" command - Oleg, please help...

I have the "problem" that in my company I have to use a WL-HDD...running OpenWrt (whiterussian)... (the problem is whiterussian, not the WL-HDD ;-)
    Unfortunately, whiterussian is missing some commands which I really find useful - first of all the "halt" command. I have recompiled the busybox, but in whiterussian neither the "halt" nor the "poweroff" command doesn't really power the device off; they just shoot down linux.... so in order to power the WL-HDD off, I have to physically unplug it every time...
    I know that in your firmware the halt command really *does* power the device off; but as the device isn't mine, I can't use Oleg's firmware :-(((

Is there any chance you could give me indications if/how get the halt command to work in whiterussian as well ? are you using any special functions/patches (available only in your firmare) in order to remove the power ?

Any help is *really* greatly appreciated :-)

in fact it does not poweroff wl-hdd (there is no way to do so). It just turns power LED off, than issues standby/sleep command to hdd, so it spins down. You could check my sources if you need details.