Thread: 2 Printers - I must be doing something silly

2 Printers - I must be doing something silly

Dear Forum,

I must be missing something obvious because I can't find this question in the documentation for the device or in the forum.

I've a WL500g that is used as a wireless network for our office. The WAN port is connected to the internet provider (hard-coded IP and port). Our employees connect via WLAN to the device to access the internet.

I connected a central printer (HP3380) via the USB and it works fine.

Problem 1: The HP 3380 device is an all-in one and I can't scan from it using the device.

Problem 2: I try to connect a Magicolor 2500W to the remaining USB port and can't recognise it (although I can use this printer if I remove the HP3380 and connect from scratch.

Is the WL500g limited to one printer?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

You don't write which firmware are you using. For the Oleg's fw the possible solution was discussed here: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10748
    However, the author didn't reported the result.

Another possible problem is that I guess during boot up you will not be able to guarantee which is #1 and which is #2, however, this problem can be solved by a simple script which will check which is where and restart the drivers if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by al37919 View Post
    You don't write which firmware are you using.
    I'm using 1.9.7.2 firmware (what was on the router when I purchased it).

I'm also using Win XP as the OS on the computers running the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by al37919 View Post
    For the Oleg's fw the possible solution was discussed here: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10748
    However, the author didn't reported the result.

Another possible problem is that I guess during boot up you will not be able to guarantee which is #1 and which is #2, however, this problem can be solved by a simple script which will check which is where and restart the drivers if necessary.
    This goes way over my head. I think the command promt solution is for Linux but I need to install the printers on Windows XP.

The ASUS manager doesn't recognise 2 printers (using the web interface and giving the IP of the device as a webpage).

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLevy View Post
    I'm using 1.9.7.2 firmware (what was on the router when I purchased it).
    I think the command promt solution is for Linux but I need to install the printers on Windows XP.
    linux is actually inside this small box. It enables you to build virtually any custom configuration which will possibly satisfy your needs. That is actually one of the main reasons why this device is so popular. However, the original fw is not best suited for that.

It can easily provide network services for XP.

The ASUS manager doesn't recognise 2 printers (using the web interface and giving the IP of the device as a webpage).
    I'm afraid with original firmware you should give up. Even with Oleg's fw you will not be able to do it from web-IF. However, it can be done.