Thread: web interface loads only occasionally during boot

web interface loads only occasionally during boot

When I boot the unit, there's a 30% chance that the web interface will work (for administration).

The other times, the unit just fails to respond.

Mostly, the wireless interface still works.

BTW, I raised the radio power up to 84 (maximum), would this cause any problems for us here (EM radiation)?

I dont know which firmware u have on ur router.

U can try this

I had the same problem with firmware 1.7.9.4

Upgrading to: Firmware v1.8.1.9 solved the problem for me.

I couldn't update to that firmware

my unit refuses to accept that firmware. In fact, the only firmware it does allow is the 9.8.2.1 version I downloaded from this site...

Tomorrow I'm going to have the unit replaced with another 500g. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oferlaor
    my unit refuses to accept that firmware. In fact, the only firmware it does allow is the 9.8.2.1 version I downloaded from this site...

Tomorrow I'm going to have the unit replaced with another 500g. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
    Hm thats strange. While upping an new firmware for instance the lastest one, do you get a firmware error while loading the latest one or doesnt it boot after that? (just wondering)

Maybe you have an old revision, dont know if there are any, but thats with the most computer products.?

Quote Originally Posted by oferlaor

How did you try to update the firmware? Browser or Firmware recovery? If you use the firmware recovery program and you are using XP SP2, don't forget to shutdown the SP2 firewall....

Hi!

I have 1.7.5.9 CR4 and same problem. I go to http://192.168.15.254 -> myRouter, login and wait. The right frame (quick-acdess,...) come fast. The left didn't come. I got a error. Then press F5 to refresh and look: here is the complete site!!!!!!!
    best regards
    Pirat