Thread: Problem with dieing AIR-connection

Problem with dieing AIR-connection

I've got my centrino-notebook configured for use with wireless networks. Now my problem is as follow: When I set up a wireless connection with my router, all seems to go well, I can acces the internet etc. But now the trouble comes: After a little while of activity my connection dies. So my notebook doest get any packages from the router.

When I try to ping my router then from my pc wich is wired connected to the router i get ping timeout (so the air-activity really died). When using my notebook on other wireless networks I dont have this problem.

This problem occurs whenever I dont use encryption at all, or use WPA-PSK and so on.. (so it occurs always )

Hope u can help me out

Well maybe you can try this: (I wrote it in a post before on this board, searching is also an option, before posting)

I dont know which firmware u have on ur router.

U can try this

I had the same problem with firmware 1.7.9.4

Upgrading to: Firmware v1.8.1.9 solved the problem for me.

Hehe well I also did a nice search routine, but without result (Appears that I bade a mistake thus)..

I already have the newest firmware installed on my router. I also did some restore to factory defaults, but without result.

Maybe the problem I have is just the not proper functioning of the router, as other people with exact the same notebook also have the same problem.. But on the other hand maybe it is something between the different manufacturers of both wireless adapter, as the intel adapter is integrated in my notebook..

Well tips and experiences are surely still welcome, so I hopefully can solve the problem at last.

There are lots of ppl having problems with Centrino chipsets and the router. SP2 for Windows XP has better wireless tools and WPA support. You might try that.

Well the laptop was already pre-installed with WindowsXP Professional SP2.

But well, there is somewhing odd with the air unit, couse when I open the wlan driver, I see four lan connections (1xlan 1xwlan -> enabled and 1xwlan,1xlan disabled).. when i tried to *find better driver for device* it did result in a "no better driver found" notation. Guess the driver should be okayish at least.. Ill bring the device back to the store, and try to get a new one.. Hopefully with better result

You may want to try a few more things before running to the shop:

Check out the links below

http://www.sitecom.com/faq_showanswer.php?faqid=815 (Dutch)

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...id=kb;en;313242 (English)

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...id=kb;nl;313242 (Dutch)

and also this thread http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1031
    Brubber

WL-500g, WL-138g, WL-160g

Hmm seems this one aint working neither.. What I have discovered:

Sometimes my router just disapears from my available wireless networks. A couple of seconds later it reappears in the list. This happened me only today while testing..
    It also seems that the link drops dead when I have send more as a couple of packets to the router.. so if I connect to my router using wireless and doing pings to my notebook with pc1, the airlink stays longer alive, as when I open the internet explorer on my notebook to surf a bit. (the first page appears ok, but I get timeouts when I want to go to another page)

oddd
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok the router is now funtionating properly, if I dont turn on an encryption method @ all... So it has to be a faulty driver deal imo..

Anyway, thanks for your tips/etc

Cheers