Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in the kfurge 1.0.4.6_kc_02a mod?

offtopic : grat182, do u manage to save changes made to Iptables when router reconnects or u make a change from the router GUI?

I am accessing dropbear from WAN but for that i have to put an INPUT rule in the Iptables coz firewall is enabled, but whenever the net disconnects and router reconnects this change is lost. Bittorrent forwarded ports are also lost

One option is to disable the firewall but that exposes all the ports on router

any solution for this apart from a cron job?

Quote Originally Posted by Woffels View Post
    Reading a lot of posts, i see that bt downloads (after kfurge's upgrade) have to be started by commands and not by an interface, is this true?
    Reading a lot of posts???? Did you read my reply? You'd know the answer to that question if you "read a lot of posts".

LK

@ adams: you have to put the iptables to the rc.local to open the ports. then there are no problems :-) i have an iptables for dropbear, ftp (another port) and torrent. i could send you the iptables lines from my rc.local if you need it.

@woffels: you have the original asus web interface AND!!! you could install packages with telnet. read a little bit in the forum/instructions, then you find out how.

grat182

grat182, u didnt get the issue, i have put all the rules in the rc.local and it works perfectly i can access dropbear from wan, torrents also download fast bcoz their ports are open.

However, if my net gets disconnected and router reconnects then the Iptable changes that i made to rc.local are lost, i have to Input the rules manually through the shell or restart the router so that rc.local can run again.

One solution to this problem is that i disable the firewall completely but problem is that it exposes all ports.

So is there any other way to keep the IPtable rules even after a disconnection, other than setting up a crop job for this..which isnt a very elegant solution anyway

here is what kfurge says about this problem

" I'm working right now to wrap some of the primary 1.0.4.6 binaries with a shell script that will allow you to insert your own scripts both before and after the asus binaries are run. Within your script, you can choose whether or not to run the Asus binary. With this mechanim, you should be able to hook into the web change and apply your customizations live. I plan on having a binary ready within the next few weeks."
    thread http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7712
    Last edited by adams; 07-08-2007 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by KNS View Post
    Hi....

My first post here...

I'm not happy with the WL700gE's BT client out of the box. Also I want to be able to set up my WL700gE as a music server hardwired to my media player. The WL700gE should then connect wireless to my main Router... I have read that this set up is not possible through AccessPoint mode out of the box (or any other mode for that matter), while still being able to use the BT client. Will I be able to correct this using the Kfurge Bios and mods?
    [knip]
    Kasper.
    With kcfurge modifications of the standard template you will note nothing new after installing 'his' firmware. But it opens possibilities that the original firmware does not offer. So, there is no change in the way the Wireless interface works, and although you have options as "Set AP Isolated?" (Y/N) or "Operation Mode:" (AP/Gateway), I don't think this means clientmode which you seek for.
    Now, as with KCFurge's firmware you theoratically could change a lot, I doubt that this applies to kernel matters, as this one probably is.
    So, maybe you should have a look at the OpenWRT firmware, but I guess that you don't like the non-windows interface.

Marc

@adams: i have a cabel connection and don't have such problems and also no problems with iptables.

and i don't know a solution for you.... sorry

grat182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12