Thread: Applications is disabled temporarily for building system mirror

Applications is disabled temporarily for building system mirror

login page -> configuration -> click on 'details' on 'application status'

to me it gives the message:

Applications - Basic Config
    This page allows you to enable or disable applications individually.

Applications is disabled temporarily for building system mirror

the system has gone mad unexpectedly. i was in the middle of a ftp transfer, here's the filezilla ftp client log: http://pastebin.ca/318889

alow the disk status is 'unmounted' when i go to advanced settings -> disk mgmt
    i believe there is something related to an md device, i remember seeing a /dev/md/ mounted, and something about software raid configured, maybe the device could automatically raid-1 mirror the existing drive onto an external usb drive?

so... i can't telnet/ssh because the rc.local has not been executed... and the cgi trick doesn't work because the ftp server seems to be stopped...

ofcourse i could solve these problems by taking the hdd and mounting it in a normal pc, but that would break the warranty...
    syslog shows nothing but failed vsftpd logins...

after one more try, i could login with my previously root created account, but i see nothing, because the disk is not mounted
    has anyone experienced this?

ps. the box is modified with kfurge's latest image.
    Last edited by costinel; 16-01-2007 at 21:10.

whatever it was, the box has recovered after few reboots. the test data is untouched but the logs are wiped. however, this episode makes me reconsider about using it as the only storage media for my files.
    after the last reboot (and note: i don't reboot it by keeping the power button pressed, i just give it a push so it can start the safely shutdown sequence) the utelnetd did not start, and dropbear no longer accepted my ssh key.

digging....

Quote Originally Posted by costinel View Post
    whatever it was, the box has recovered after few reboots. the test data is untouched but the logs are wiped. however, this episode makes me reconsider about using it as the only storage media for my files.
    after the last reboot (and note: i don't reboot it by keeping the power button pressed, i just give it a push so it can start the safely shutdown sequence) the utelnetd did not start, and dropbear no longer accepted my ssh key.

digging....
    I had the same problem and after a few reboots it started working, if that doesn't work unplug the router for 5 seconds.
    asteapta un firmware mai nou; some people manage to brick their router.

Anyone else have trouble like this? How was it resolved. I am having the same issue witht the Applications Basic Config tab. Several reboots and its still there.

I had the same problems. "Applications is disabled temporarily for building system mirror" but after waiting for a while it still was disabled. I had to reboot several times before I could use one of the applications.

I used the last original firmware and after I replaced the original Harddisk with an internal 500GB unit I never got this message again.

Strange but the WL700G works now for more than 7 months without rebooting.

I left it on over night and it didn't update. Seams it didn't like my folder changes. I change the router name, the image/mirror name, and the share folder to something I wanted. I resovled this by changing them back to defaults. Waited about 20mins and things went back to normal.