Thread: mpd: can't load library 'libssp.so.0'

Cool mpd: can't load library 'libssp.so.0'

Hello,
    After reinstallation hard drive and installation all packages mpd not working.
    I’ve been trying to install all different packages but without result.

[admin@debie root]$ mpd
    mpd: can't load library 'libssp.so.0'

[admin@debie root]$ cat /opt/etc/ipkg.conf
    src/gz optware http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...g/cross/stable

[admin@debie root]$ ipkg list_installed
    audiofile - 0.2.6-6 - Misc Audio Libraries.
    avahi - 0.6.20-1 - A system for multicast DNS service discovery, an implementation of Zeroconf.
    bash - 3.2.17-1 - A bourne style shell
    dbus - 1.0.2-1 - D-Bus is a message bus system, a simple way for applications to talk to one another.
    e2fsprogs - 1.40.2-1 - Ext2 Filesystem Utilities
    esound - 0.2.38-1 - The Enlighted Sound Daemon.
    expat - 2.0.1-1 - XML Parser library
    faad2 - 2.5-3 - Freeware Advanced Audio Coder
    flac - 1.1.4-1 - FLAC is a free lossless audio codec. This package contains the codec libraries and the command-line tools flac and metaflac.
    glib - 2.6.6-6 - The GLib library of C routines.
    ipkg - 0.99.149-2 -
    ipkg-opt - 0.99.163-9 - The Itsy Package Manager
    libao - 0.8.6-2 - Cross Platform Audio Library.
    libcurl - 7.16.4-1 - Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax, supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, DICT, FI
    libdaemon - 0.11-1 - A lightweight C library that eases the writing of UNIX daemons.
    libiconv - 1.11-2 -
    libid3tag - 0.15.1b-1 - The library used for ID3 tag reading
    libmad - 0.15.1b-3 - MPEG Audio Decoder library
    libmpcdec - 1.2.6-1 - Portable Musepack decoder library.
    libogg - 1.1.3-3 - Ogg is a multimedia container format.
    libsndfile - 1.0.17-1 - A C library for reading and writing files containing sampled sound (such as MS Windows WAV and the Apple/SGI AIFF format) throu
    libuclibc++ - 0.2.2-4 - C++ standard library designed for use in embedded systems
    libvorbis - 1.1.2-5 - Ogg Vorbis compressed audio format.
    libvorbisidec - cvs-20050221-2 - libvorbisidec is the integer-only ogg decoder library, AKA Tremor
    lirc - 0.8.1-2 - Linux Infrared Remote Control (igorplugusb)
    madplay - 0.15.2b-3 - MPEG Audio Decoder player
    mc - 4.6.1-3 - Midnight Commander File Manager
    moc - 2.4.2-1 - MOC (music on console) is a console audio player with a simple ncurses interface in playmp3list style.
    mp3blaster - 3.2.3-2 - interactive text-based program that plays MP3, Ogg Vorbis, wav, and sid audio files
    mpd - 0.13.0-1 - Music Player Daemon (MPD) allows remote access for playing music.
    nano - 2.0.6-1 - A pico like editor
    ncurses - 5.6-1 - NCurses libraries
    ncursesw - 5.6-1 - NCurses libraries with wide char support.
    openssl - 0.9.7m-2 - Openssl provides the ssl implementation in libraries libcrypto and libssl, and is needed by many other applications and librari
    readline - 5.2-2 - The GNU Readline library provides a set of functions for use by applications that allow users to edit command lines as they are
    screen - 4.0.3-2 - A screen manager that supports multiple logins on single terminal
    slang - 2.1.1-1 - S-Lang is a multi-platform library designed to allow a developer to create robust multi-platform software.
    speex - 1.2beta1-1 - Speex is an Open Source/Free Software patent-free audio compression format designed for speech.
    termcap - 1.3.1-2 - Terminal emulation library
    uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-12 - micro C library for embedded Linux systems
    zlib - 1.2.3-2 - zlib is a library implementing the 'deflate' compression system.
    Successfully terminated.
    Please help

Hi Folks,

got exactly the same errormessage on my wl500gp. I'm not an linux-pro and so i'm totally helpless. Google did not return any helpful info at all. Does anybody know in which direction to search?
    thnx in advance,
    regards

HI blubberblah666,
    I solved this problem on my own.
    ‘ipkg –t /opt/tmp install buildroot’
    lib libssp.so.0 is part of bulidroot http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/deta...icial=&format=

In case any question I will try to help you.
    Good luck.

drp,

thank you very much for your help!! after installing buildroot i was able to invoke mpd!!

one thing i'm curious about: for those tiny library it was necessary to install this huge buildroot package?

thnx again,
    regards

libssp.so.0

this library might help to avoid installing buildroot, please unzip to get the binary..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a ton! My mpd was't working after i ugraded ipkg to the opt feed and also the ipkg install mentioned in this thread didn't work. Thank's for posting the lib.