Thread: hplip and dbus (segfault)

hplip and dbus (segfault)

I am trying to use ASUS wl500gv2p as print server for HP C4480 (especially I need working scanner). I found that my printer is fully supported with hplip version at least 2.8.5.

I am using custom Oleg firmware from http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/ version WL500gpv2-1.9.2.7-d-r308.trx. This firmware uses packages from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...g/cross/stable. There is hplip version 2.8.9-1, but it requires also dbus package.

When I am trying to scan with following commands I got:

Code:
    [root@wl500 root]$ sane-find-scanner
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0x6c11 [Photosmart C4400 series]) at libusb:002:007

[root@wl500 root]$ scanimage -L
    device `hpaio:/usb/Photosmart_C4400_series?serial=TH8B3H216T05BN' is a Hewlett-Packard Photosmart_C4400_series all-in-one

[root@wl500 root]$ scanimage -d 'hpaio:/usb/Photosmart_C4400_series?serial=TH8B3H216T05BN'
    process 418: arguments to dbus_connection_send() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 3099.
    This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
      D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace
    Aborted
    So there is a problem with dbus. When I try to start it manually I got:
    Code:
    [root@wl500 root]$ /opt/etc/init.d/S20dbus start
    Starting system message bus: Segmentation fault
    strace gives me not too much:
    Code:
    [root@wl500 root]$ strace /opt/bin/dbus-daemon
    execve("/opt/bin/dbus-daemon", ["/opt/bin/dbus-daemon"], [/* 11 vars */]) = 0
    svr4_syscall()                          = -1 ERRNO_4090 (Unknown error 4090)
    --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
    +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    I have special user and group for dbus created (messagebus). I tried modifying /opt/etc/dbus-1/session.conf and system.conf but without luck.
    I have tried also recompiling dbus package from resources on Ubuntu, but I got "error 2" from make. Native recompiling on router causes router to reboot. Other dbus packages from other feeds (openwrt, dd-wrt) don't work (I got undefined symbol errors).

Has anyone has got dbus running for wl500 (oleg) firmware ?
    Or any idea what else I can do ? (is there possibility to run sane without dbus ? )

ps. I don't want to buy a new printer, and native drivers for windows don't work for me because printer needs winxp and I have got only win2000.

Usually, this is problem with uClibc version compatibility. uClibc in firmware itself differ with optware one, even in old stable Oleg 1.9.2.7-10.
    Check this and seek the forum for the similar cases.

hi, i'm facing the same issue. dbus is not able to run, it segfaults immediately.

I want to run on the 'new' oleg firmware WL500W-1.9.2.7-d-r655

libuclibc++ - 0.2.2-8 - C++ standard library designed for use in embedded systems
    uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-13 - micro C library for embedded Linux systems

dbus - 1.2.14-1 - D-Bus is a message bus system, a simple way for applications to talk to one another.
    dbus-glib - 0.80-1 - D-Bus Glib bindings

any ideas? i really can't find a solution.

Thanks!

Double recheck that /opt/bin/dbus-daemon uses /opt/lib/libc.so rather than /lib/libc.so with any possible methods (ldd, strace, etc.).

In case of that dbus-daemon uses proper libc, I don't know exact answer. Possible, some kernel syscall incompatibility. Only I can suggest - is to recompile dbus from source with our new toolchain.

Unfortunately, we hasn't volunteers to support parallel(alternative) optware tree yet.

Replace your old dbus binary with that http://lesiuk.ath.cx/dbus-daemon. It should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesiuk View Post
    Replace your old dbus binary with that http://lesiuk.ath.cx/dbus-daemon. It should work.
    Thanks! It works better as it's not segfaulting anymore. However it keeps telling me the following:
    [root@netbox dbus-1]$ /opt/etc/init.d/S20dbus start
    Starting system message bus: Failed to start message bus: Element <standard_system_servicedirs> not allowed inside <busconfig> in configuration file

Not sure what to do next... let's find some hitns on Google. ...

It seems version 1.1.1 doesn't like some elements in the system.conf. after I removed them, it started beautifuly.
    Last edited by wade; 01-11-2009 at 21:40.

Unhappy

execve("/opt/bin/dbus-daemon", ["/opt/bin/dbus-daemon"], [/* 11 vars */]) = 0
    svr4_syscall() = -1 ERRNO_4090 (Unknown error 4090)

----------------------------------
    Is that 4096 kernel post limit error?
    sorry!! for ask ..
    I`m new here using wl500gpv2.
    that syscall() error for ERRNO_4090 just like dbus open create open socks but error on 4096 kernel limits.Or it seems like Policy or Selinux on libxml2 style config file on dbus-1.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bluez + Dbus Daemon Segment Fault

This is what i`m trying to do now:-

Bluez Drivers Seems Look like Okey : Bluez-Utils 3.36-3
    dbus From Optware Oleg /Cross Stable: dbus-1.2.16-1

after install the dbus daemon and do a modprobe on bluez drivers && start the dbus-daemon using messagebus default users in conf ;
    i got messages - Segmentation Faulted -

/opt/etc/init.d/S20dbus start
    So After That I Do strace /opt/bin/dbus-daemon and got this:-
    strace /opt/bin/dbus-daemon

execve("/opt/bin/dbus-daemon", ["/opt/bin/dbus-daemon"], [/* 13 vars */]) = 0
    old_mmap(NULL, 20, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x2aaae000
    --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
    +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    Segmentation fault

This the screenshot look like:-
    highlighted line in Red is the different.. after do some change in config file.

Large View

Post S20dbus starting problem (Segmentation fault) - with stack trace

Hello all,

I bought a Asus wl500w router and I installed the 1.9.2.7-10 fimware because the standard firmwares provided by Asus were not good at all even for what Asus sustain that should work. I started to configure it step by step based on the discussions from this forum (I want to thank you all who posted here). Without your answers and custom firmware I would throw the router to trash .
    But, because I am posting here it means that even with all the answers still I am facing problems. My big problem is related with system dbus. I can't manage to start it. I attach also a file containg the output of the command strace ./S20dbus start. It gives me Segmentation Fault. In this thread there was a link to other dbus files but that link is now broken.
    Can you please help me to configure dbus to work?

Another question is what means OPTWARE_TARGET. In the S20dbus file it is initialised with oleg. Is this the right value or should I change it.

Thank you for answers,
    Daniel
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have the same problem with dbus:

/opt/etc/init.d/S20dbus start

dbus - 1.2.16-1
    dbus-glib - 0.82-1
    hplip - 2.8.12-1

Lesiuk's link doesn't work anymore.

please help
    Last edited by narbekowas; 28-04-2010 at 19:03.

dbus-daemon

Same problem - dbus-daemon Segmentation fault. =(

Try use this version of dbus
    dbus_1.1.1-3_mipsel.ipk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yesterday, I discover real cause of dbus 1.2 segfaults. It was an old bug in binutils 10858 - dbus-daemon binary simply has incorrect relocation table.

Seems to be, Optware maintainers has to fix their toolchain.

Thumbs up S20dbus starting problem (Segmentation fault) - FIXED

Hi kulibin and lly,

thank you for your answers; indeed I can confirm that dbus_1.1.1-3_mipsel.ipk.gz could be installed and dbus was succesfully lunched

Daniel