PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Alternate Media Server software...

medsource
26-06-2007, 00:15
I'm in the midst of getting my wl-700ge to serve up content to my PS3. While the media server portion "works" it tends to crash when playing mp3's at no particular interval. I switched the mt-daapd to the full ipkg variety but the PS3 doesn't connect to the mt-daapd service, it connects to the dms service (bummer I know).

I'm not too sure if the problem lies with the PS3's connection causing the media server to crash or if the media server included by asus is just not robust enough to serve up 20k mp3's.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone has tried an alternate media server software and how they like it with pros / cons / etc. (preferably from the ipkg list).

Thanx in advance,

medsource

DaNawq
26-06-2007, 01:33
Twonkyvision does also work on WL700gE. Just google. Don't be afraid I'll help you out with the install ;-)

medsource
28-06-2007, 00:11
Twonkyvision does also work on WL700gE. Just google. Don't be afraid I'll help you out with the install ;-)

Well, not to be cheap (the precursor to a statement of cheapness), but Twonkyvision is not free.

I tried to get mediatomb to run but that, well, didn't.

uShare installed and ran and the PS3 sees it, but the media interpreter isn't updated (only in dev builds it is) to support music and video yet.

Unless someone got mediatomb to work on the 700ge than I'll likely hold out for the update of uShare.

As always, any thoughts are appreciated.