PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Router Died but HD works. How to recover data?

fullman
05-06-2007, 07:29
After a power outage in the area followed by a power surge (the router is on a protector but the power flickered a good few times within a few seconds), the router will not power up.

I've verified the power cord conducts power, so the problem is with the router itself.

I pulled the HD and put it in my enclosure... it spins up and I can see an unformatted/uninitialized disk in the Windows disk manager.

How can I access this information and pull the files off?

I read that the HD is formatted in RieserFS, but using the few programs out there that can read RieserFS, it still doesn't recognized the disk.

What is the exact format and partition on the HD where the actual data is stored?

Thanks!

mumsoft
05-06-2007, 11:55
Maybe you can use some of this stuff:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=8112

Or else, since your router does not function anymore, buy a new one, and replace it's disk.

Marc

kfurge
07-06-2007, 04:08
The reiserfs is on the 3rd partition. The first two are cramfs which contain the "firmware" image.

Does your router show any signs of life when powered up? It may have just lost it's flash image or one of the cramfs partitions. Try pressing the ez-setup button then plugging in the router and check if the power LED blinks. If so, the bootloader and electronics are OK and the router can probably be revived.

- K.C.