PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : AP mode does not seem to work

demaart
17-09-2004, 08:47
Hi,

I bought a wl-HDD and I cant get it to work in AP mode. It conencts to my wireless lan in client mode so the transmitter works. When I configure my wl-hdd as a AP, the AP is not recognized by my laptop.
Even in unprotected mode (without a wep key ) and with ssid name broadcasting on. It is not working.

Are there some known bugs in the firmware.
Are there some tricks to get it working

there is no information at the asus site.

thanks,
Maarten

Antiloop
17-09-2004, 09:19
Hi,

I bought a wl-HDD and I cant get it to work in AP mode. It conencts to my wireless lan in client mode so the transmitter works. When I configure my wl-hdd as a AP, the AP is not recognized by my laptop.
Even in unprotected mode (without a wep key ) and with ssid name broadcasting on. It is not working.

Are there some known bugs in the firmware.
Are there some tricks to get it working

there is no information at the asus site.

thanks,
Maarten

try updating to latest firmware (1.1.2.5) do a restore defaults and configure from the start

i have currently set it up as AP Hybrid (WDS with wep128) and it's working perfectly

demaart
17-09-2004, 19:14
Hi,
did the firmware update.
AP mode still does not work.

Another thing I see is that after flashing the firmware I discovered that the settings are not properly stored. So after changing a setting, and changing another setting etc. After a few times the device seems to reset to defaults.

Welll, I think i'll use the thing as a UTP disk (which was the reason why i bought it)

Let's wait for a firmware update from ASUS.....