PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Can someone help pls.. I can't enable user based share access mode...

m466e
02-01-2007, 11:09
Hi.
When I try to enable user based share access mode on my wl700 it just hangs (and the ready lamp turns off).
To get it back up running I have to press the reset button for 10 seconds and then reflash it using the firmware restoration tool.

If I uncheck the CIFS checkboxes it is possible to enable user based share access mode but then nothing happens when I try to select the Share Management -> User Management link. It's just showing a blank page.
If I tick the CIFS checkboxes when in user mode it just freezes when I press apply. I then have to reset/reflash again...

I have tried to delete all added shares (only the untouched MYSHARE1 is left), but it's no difference.

As long as I don't try to enable the user based mode I have no problem accessing the network shares, but since I can't setup any accounts I'm not able to use it as an FTP-server...

Is there any way to make a deep-deep-deep reset of this darn thing?

sollie
02-01-2007, 11:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollie
Yesterday i had luck with kfurge documentation. But now i have the same problem as fireflash. When i set is to usermode (webui, windws settings) the router reboots and keep rebooting.

Sollie.

I figured out what was causing it. I had some left over crap in the __pdc directory under /shares/MYVOLUME1 that contains a passwd file. The file had been modified (by me) and whatever I did to it caused the whole system to freak. When I enabled UBSA after getting it back up and running, it kept referencing those files and causing it to flip out again. After changing the passwd file to make it look more like the one in /etc/ all is good and I've now got UBSA enabled.

Sollie, hold the reset button for about 10 seconds on the back of the router, that'll restore it to factory defaults and allow you to get back in and reconfigure.

Maybe you can use this.

sollie
02-01-2007, 11:38
I removed the passwd from __pdc. Enabled UBSA. It worked. It creates automaticly a new file (passwd).

Sollie.

And maybe this. But remove files at your own risk.

Sollie.

m466e
02-01-2007, 12:26
Thnx, I'll give it a try...

n00ben
02-01-2007, 12:56
Maybe you can use this.

or this: reset router (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7431)

/regards
Henrik

m466e
02-01-2007, 20:10
removing __pdc/passwd did the trick.
Thanx a lot!

peterke
02-03-2007, 10:44
Hey Dudes,

i had the same problem, but forgot to delete the passwd file.
when i enabled the UBSA twice, and made a reset twice, the router did nothing at all. No lights, no hdd-spin, nothing.
Maybe the reset was too short, 'couse i didn't found the reset hole (at that dumb position i had) and i pushed the reset for a half second.

If i unplug the power cord, and replug it, i can hear something chirping for a short time, but thats all.

I took the router into the service. But does anybody have an idea to get the router back to work? (If the service can't do anything).

Many thanx,

peterke

kfurge
03-03-2007, 01:43
I took the router into the service. But does anybody have an idea to get the router back to work? (If the service can't do anything).

Unplug the power cord then press and hold the ez-setup button (the orange one by the antenna) while plugging the power back in. Does the ready LED blink? If so, the router is not completely dead and can be recovered. If not, you may have a more serious hardware problem.

I'll explain the details if your router passes the "blink" test.

- K.C.

peterke
03-03-2007, 15:16
Hi Kfurge,

i'll try to call the service on monday, but they are theoritically closed on mon-tue. Thank You for reply!

best regards,

peterke

peterke
09-03-2007, 13:09
Hi Friends,

the serviceman told me, the router has no power supply at all, so the button-combinations can't work.
The unit will be changed, and here is the next question:
if we change the disk, can the new unit see the stored data on it, as it was the case by the old unit? Or do we need to copy-paste the data on the hdd?

Thanx for the answers!

peterke

peterke
09-03-2007, 13:41
Hi Friends,

we got the answer too. it works! I'm happy+ ! :D

thank you Everybody!
peterke