PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Telstra BigPond Heartbeat support added to Oleg's firmware

rwhitby
06-08-2004, 14:08
I have added support for bpalogin (Australian Telstra BigPond Heartbeat client) to Oleg's latest custom firmware.

If anyone is interested in testing it, send me a Private Message.

Oleg, if you see this, and wish to incorporate it in your standard distribution, please send me a Private Message.

-- Rod Whitby (Linksys WRT54Gv2 dual serial port mod creator, and now an Asus WL-500g owner)

Horse
14-10-2004, 11:06
Hey,
Has anyone got the WL-500g working with Bigpond? If so can you please send me the firmware that works. I have tried 1.8.1.9, with no luck. This is a great router and I don't want to have to return it.
Cheers
Darren
donkdazzler@hotmail.com

Oleg
14-10-2004, 11:20
1.8.1.7-1 is known to work (thanks to Rod)

Horse
27-10-2004, 09:45
Thanks guys for your help so far. I am up and running, but nearly everyday I loose my IP address and have to reconnect. I have installed firmware wl500g-1.8.1.7-2a but still does it.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Darren

rwhitby
27-10-2004, 22:41
Thanks guys for your help so far. I am up and running, but nearly everyday I loose my IP address and have to reconnect. I have installed firmware wl500g-1.8.1.7-2a but still does it.

Yeah, I'm getting the same. Asus put the Linksys-style init stuff into 1.8, and that's not as good as the simple stuff I did for bpalogin in 1.7-oleg.

But I haven't had time to look into it (busy with www.nslu2-linux.org).

It will soon annoy me enough that I will either move back to 1.7, or fix it.

-- Rod

Horse
28-10-2004, 04:07
Rod,
I really want my 500g to be accessable permanently cause I have a USB stick in the back and I'm trying have my own little FTP sever using DDNS.
Is there a version of firmware I can use that you know does not drop the IP?
You said version 1.7 - which one would you suggest I try?
This is all a heartbeat issue, right?
Cheers
Darren

rwhitby
28-10-2004, 14:16
Rod,
I really want my 500g to be accessable permanently cause I have a USB stick in the back and I'm trying have my own little FTP sever using DDNS.
Is there a version of firmware I can use that you know does not drop the IP?
You said version 1.7 - which one would you suggest I try?
This is all a heartbeat issue, right?
Cheers
Darren

bpalogin is the heartbeat client.

Use this one: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=746

It is rock solid. I'm probably going to flash back when the router looses my IP next.

-- Rod

Oleg
28-10-2004, 14:48
Rod, have you identified the problem? Is it dhcp or bpalogin related?

rwhitby
30-10-2004, 14:14
Rod, have you identified the problem? Is it dhcp or bpalogin related?

Nope - but I do know that I end up with multiple bpalogin processes running, and the changes I made were nothing to do with actually starting the bpalogin process, just the config file.

So there is a basic problem with the Asus firmware.

I've personally gone back to 1.7.5.9-5 :-(

Sorry, but I don't have the spare bandwidth at the moment to debug this.

The only reason I was upgrading to 1.8 was because I wanted to put the latest dropbear on it which had client support. Since then, I have cross-compiled openssh for the NSLU2 - so my reason for messing with what was the most stable internet connection I'd had for a long time (with 1.7.5.9-5) went away. Hence, I've flashed 1.7.5.9-5 back onto my Asus.

I would advise anyone relying on their wl500g for a BigPond connection to use 1.7.5.9-5, until Asus fixes their 1.8 firmware.

-- Rod