PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Is there "Oleg" Firmware for WL-HDD 2.5?

grumpa
10-09-2005, 17:28
Or do I have to stick with the Asus WL-HDD 2.5 functionality of 1.2.3.4?

Antiloop
11-09-2005, 14:14
http://website.wl500g.info/beta/wizard.php?brand=1&model=4&cat=firmware

look at the wizard..

grumpa
11-09-2005, 14:23
Yesterday I "stumbled" on to the Oleg firmware for "WL-HDD" and flashed it on my WL-HDD2.5. The upload went fine, but when fnished all I could get was "blank" web pages, where the Configuration pages use to be under Asus FW:1.2.3.4. I don't know if I did something wrong (since the upload went so well) - or - the Olge FW was not meant for the "2.5" WL-HDD, or what ... any help? Is the latest Oleg WL-HDD2.5 compatible?
Thanks.

Antiloop
11-09-2005, 14:32
Yesterday I "stumbled" on to the Oleg firmware for "WL-HDD" and flashed it on my WL-HDD2.5. The upload went fine, but when fnished all I could get was "blank" web pages, where the Configuration pages use to be under Asus FW:1.2.3.4. I don't know if I did something wrong (since the upload went so well) - or - the Olge FW was not meant for the "2.5" WL-HDD, or what ... any help? Is the latest Oleg WL-HDD2.5 compatible?
Thanks.
the wizard tells you which is the right one, use that one and no other..
and yes its compatible

just follow standard guidelines if flashing fails

no wireless flashing
flash after fresh reboot

grumpa
11-09-2005, 19:14
Appreciate the help. I was able to flash the Oleg firmware without problem. When all came back there was no settings for "Storage" (the HDD) ... it looked like I was flashed to an AP only. I've restored back to Asus 1.2.3.4. The only thing I want to do is access a wireless hard drive. I'm into my 4th day of trying - ethernet works fine, but for the life of me I can't get wireless to work. I have a Belkin Pe-N wireless router ... no problems except this WL-HDD2.5. Any ideas ... this must be simple ... it couldn't be this hard! Thanks.

Antiloop
12-09-2005, 10:11
Appreciate the help. I was able to flash the Oleg firmware without problem. When all came back there was no settings for "Storage" (the HDD) ... it looked like I was flashed to an AP only. I've restored back to Asus 1.2.3.4. The only thing I want to do is access a wireless hard drive. I'm into my 4th day of trying - ethernet works fine, but for the life of me I can't get wireless to work. I have a Belkin Pe-N wireless router ... no problems except this WL-HDD2.5. Any ideas ... this must be simple ... it couldn't be this hard! Thanks.
the firmware from oleg works like it works for the wl500g and family
the family is also able to work with samba which is needed to share the harddrive

this works in my opinion good enough...(i'm running it that way)