PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Hp Psc 1100

Tomkin
13-05-2005, 11:03
Hello,

i know that this i not a new Problem but i searched all threads and tried all the sugesstions that was made für setting up a usb printer. I also read the howto but i still cant get the printer to work. :confused:

I think the Main Problem is that there is no way to install the printer drivers for the HP PSC 1110 alone, that means without the scanning funktions and the other HP Stuff.

I set up the LPR port as written down in the howto with IP 192.168.1.1 and set it to LPR Port 9100. After that there is a Printer List where i cant find the PSC 1110 (LKist Stops at PSC 950 which dont work). I searched the whole CD that came with the printer for a driver only but i found nothing.

I would appreciate it to get some hints how other Users got their PSC Device (1110,1100,1150,1250) to work.

I flashed the latest Official Final Firmware from Asus after the first unlucky attempts to print.

Hopelully it was not a wrong Decision to Purchase an ASUS 500g! :(

Best Wishes and Greetings

Tom

macsat
13-05-2005, 11:11
Hi

The printdriver is a windows / linux / max os or whatever OS you are running issue....NOT a router one.

The router prints as RAW.

It is your desktop OS that cares about the printerdriver.

I suggest you setup your printer directly on your PC first, and then connects it to the WL-500g and changes the printer-setup on your windows machine, so that it points to the networked usb port instead of the local one.

Tomkin
13-05-2005, 11:33
Hi,

first thanks for your quick answer.

I Know that the drivers are a OS based thing.

Is it right that you suggest to install the Printer the way that i plug it directly to the PC, set it up and the change the settings in the Printers Properties?

I thought i tried it before but i try again and we will see!

CU

Tomkin

Antiloop
13-05-2005, 12:35
Hi,

first thanks for your quick answer.

I Know that the drivers are a OS based thing.

Is it right that you suggest to install the Printer the way that i plug it directly to the PC, set it up and the change the settings in the Printers Properties?

I thought i tried it before but i try again and we will see!

CU

Tomkin
yes you should try it this way,

as alternative you could find out which 'Engine' is used as printer in your PSC series, and use the driver of the 'standalone' printer to simplify installation at multiple pc's

for example I own a HP Officejet G85, which is driven by the engine of a HP Deskjet 930C and the scanner is driven by a Scanjet 5300C engine stuff

macsat
13-05-2005, 13:35
Are you telling me that you actuately managed to make SANE work with your HP scanner on the WL-500g ?

I can run SANE from the ipk packages, but sane-find-scanner cant find a scanner....

Antiloop
13-05-2005, 14:36
Are you telling me that you actuately managed to make SANE work with your HP scanner on the WL-500g ?

I can run SANE from the ipk packages, but sane-find-scanner cant find a scanner....
no just telling the fact how HP worked in the past with regarding to Officejet/PSC stuff

I've not tried SANE at all

Tomkin
13-05-2005, 14:47
Now you just have to tell me how i figure out which engine drives my PSC 1110 ? :p

I dont believe that this can be found at the hp-pages. :mad:

CU

Tomkin

Tomkin
17-05-2005, 10:04
Hi there,

i still got stuck with this problem. :confused:

No Ideas at all ? :(

Purchased this Appartus because ist had a USB Printer Port, now this doesn't work. :mad:

CU

Tomkin

Antiloop
17-05-2005, 10:07
Now you just have to tell me how i figure out which engine drives my PSC 1110 ? :p

CU

Tomkin
connect the printer to your pc and start trying drivers from 'normal' (thus NON officejet/PSC) printers

try the models which are from the same time

e.g. the HP DJ 930C was for sale at the same time as my HP OJ G85

mostly multiple drivers will work even if it does not use that specific printing engine

brubber
18-05-2005, 02:06

CU

TomkinYou can find this at the hp pages in about 10 seconds:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=90787&dlc=en&docname=npu00132, use LPR or RAW port instead of DOT4_00x port when printer is connected to WL-500g.

Probably most of the other psc drivers will also do (at least for printing), just try. as antiloop already suggested

Did you already try the following procedure:
1: Install printer when connected to workstation
2: connect printer to router
3: Add and properly configure proper printing port (dependant on WL-500g firmware)
4: Disable printer control / scanning and other hp software tools (using msconfig)
5: Change printer port for the already installed printer

Tomkin
18-05-2005, 16:40
Hi,

yesterday i had a phone call to HP. They told me that it is not possible to print with the PSC 1110 using a Printserver. :eek:

But they told me that there is the possibility to use the Driver for the Deskjet 3650. ;) There is a Driver for direct connection with USB to the Workstation or a Driver with USB connection to LAN. :D

Installed this driver package and used the IP Printer Port 192.168.1.1 as told in other threads. :rolleyes:

All Workstations and Notebooks are now printing fine! :D :D :D

Thanks a lot to all for the Help !

Cu

Tomkin

Antiloop
18-05-2005, 19:19
nice (you could have figured out yourself the DJ 3650 as it is a reasonable recent model and perhaps from the same time as your psc 1100 :) )

anyway please report your findings to the RCH forum to help other people with the same printer