PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : VLAN/robocfg howto WL-500W ? anyone ?

skyraven
13-03-2009, 14:56
Hello guys,

I'm sort of a newbie in this.
I'm ok with Linux and co but having bricked since 2 years Asus routers and recovered them, I'm now trying to avoid getting in the same situation with the newly acquired WL-500W.
What I would like to do is:
Have wan port as it is, have wifi port in another vlan/routing interface, have another port as secondary WAN (I'm balancing with iproute2 connections) and the rest of 2 ports = LAN.
With openwrt this was rather easy because of the scripts that robocfg used upon boot.
How can this be done with Oleg's firmware without risking a recovery on the router ?
Is there any scripting/automated way or must I do it with robocfg by hand and consulting the manual.

P.S. Upon creating those interfaces I guess wifi part + IP addresses on the 2 WANs can no longer be managed with the web interface. (which is quite logical)

al37919
13-03-2009, 16:28
vlans on wl500w are not so straightforward AFAIK due to the lack of chip's documentation. However, Oleg investigated this question too, and his findings are discussed here:
http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13632
I hope you'll find a way to translate it. I don't remember about such publication in the English part of the forum

skyraven
15-03-2009, 20:52
Thanks for the link.
I was able to understand parts of it thanks to google translate:)
But now, before doing anything to the device or modifying it's config, I woke up in the morning to see my Asus bricked.
I never changed anything on it from the previous day..and no recovery method seems to work.
I'll have to try the pin9 short stuff, but I really hate the lack of logic of this self-bricking:(