PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : HDD Spindown problem

Woffels
25-08-2008, 08:57
Ive upgraded the kc firmware and im very happy with it. MLdonkey works great with sancho and im very satisfied with it. But now im not sure if hdd spindown works properly.

As i said, i upgraded to the latest (2) firmware. But now i think the hdd spindown doesnt work anymore. If nothing is attached to the router (pc or anyting) i hear a tick coming from the wl. But if i put my ear to the wl, is still hear the hdd spinning.
To disable HDD spindown feature (version 02 and later)

I tried this:

Telnet or ssh to the router
Gain root access
Type "nvram set kc_spin_down_hdd=Yes". This is case sensitive; "no" will not work.
Type "nvram commit"
Restart the router

But i didnt work. I still hear a zooming noise and two times an hour i hear the ticking sound. Ive killed the ml donkey core.
Who can help?
Im not not great in (linux) linux commands. So please keep the awnsers a little easy for me.
tnx in advance.
Woffels

"The tonights course "How to deal with disappointment" will ,unfortunately, not take place!!!!"

Woffels
25-08-2008, 14:18
This is how my.rc local looks like. It is in opt/etc

#!/opt/bin/bash

export PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib:/apps/lib:/apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib
export KCSHELL=/opt/bin/bash

#############
# Get nvram variables
#############
pool=`nvram get apps_pool`
share=`nvram get apps_share`
kc_spin_down_hdd=`nvram get kc_spin_down_hdd`

#############
# Misc defines
#############
internal_hdd=/dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/disc

#############
# These items only run once at power up
#############
if [ ! -f /tmp/rc.local.done ]; then

- rc.local 1/65 1%

joe12345
14-10-2008, 11:15
Hi,
the problem is: your "rc.local" doesn't boot. I have the same Problem. I solve it so:

you use a correct rc.local with this option: http://wl700g.homelinux.net/portal/content/view/22/28/
you make "chmod 755 /opt/etc/rc.local"
then start it with "/opt/etc/rc.local"
then everytime the router boot you start telnet or ssh and start this "/opt/etc/rc.local", so you start it manual

I hope it helps you!

Joe