PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Telnet passwords

mjoyce
03-08-2008, 10:59
Hi all,
I'm having problems telnetting to my router.
I'm running 1.0.7.8. I can log in fine to the web interface, but cannot work out the password to login to telnet! I thought it would be the same as the web interface (which I have changed, of course), but that doesn't work, and neither does any combination of admin and Admin I can think of. Any thoughts?

mjoyce
04-08-2008, 16:36
Hi all,
I'm having problems telnetting to my router.
I'm running 1.0.7.8. I can log in fine to the web interface, but cannot work out the password to login to telnet! I thought it would be the same as the web interface (which I have changed, of course), but that doesn't work, and neither does any combination of admin and Admin I can think of. Any thoughts?

A little more progress... if I try logging in as root, with my assigned password I get the message "cannot run /opt/bin/bash: No such file or directory. Connection closed by foreign host"

Sounds like there could be something wrong with my rc.local. How can I edit this without telnet?

mumsoft
05-08-2008, 20:57
A little more progress... if I try logging in as root, with my assigned password I get the message "cannot run /opt/bin/bash: No such file or directory. Connection closed by foreign host"

Sounds like there could be something wrong with my rc.local. How can I edit this without telnet?

Weird... I hope you mean that you run KFurge version 1.0.7.8-2. In that case you can stop loading rc.local after booting the router while the power led blinks 3 times. Just press the copy button until the power led starts shining constantly.
It will take approx. 3 minutes after booting before this happens, so be patient.

You should be able to login as root then. Examine /opt/bin, bash should be there:
ls -l /opt/bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026988 Mar 24 22:27 /opt/bin/bash

Marc