PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : largest HDD size supported by WL-700gE through USB?

phil5585
30-05-2008, 15:56
Hello!

I'm new to this forum and I have three simple questions of that I'm sure someone in this Forum can answer (after I already got some very usefull information here - thanks for that!) :)

I'm running asus firmware 1.0.7.8. and I need to know how

-how many usb-HDDs I can connect at the same time (tried out a 7-port usb-hub yesterday with 2 HDDs connected which worked fine)

-what the total HDD capacity supported is (Asus says 1.2 TB - but did anybody try it out with 1.0.7.8.?)

-I've heard that the router only supports usb-HDDs up to 600GB - now I'm wondering if that's just an old information that doesn't refer to firmware 1.0.7.8. - can anybody tell?

I would be happy to receive some help soon!

Thanks in advance

Phil

kfurge
06-06-2008, 02:26
-how many usb-HDDs I can connect at the same time
-what the total HDD capacity supported is (Asus says 1.2 TB - but did anybody try it out with 1.0.7.8.?)
-I've heard that the router only supports usb-HDDs up to 600GB

I'd say that any limitations would be those of any Linux 2.4.x kernel not the router itself.

- K.C.

phil5585
09-06-2008, 10:44
thank you kfurge!

I'm trying out a 750gb hdd at the moment and at first it seemed to be working fine but then I discovered that after some time the router will show the hdd as "Broken Disc".
After restarting the router everthing will work as before.

does anybody got any suggestion?

-phil