PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : My journey to getting it back from the dead.

CapRanger
18-03-2008, 16:26
Well, I'm starting my own thread now as I got no response in the other one.

I've manage to make some progress in my recovery from dead.

Before today, and today aswell, I get Error 10054 when trying to upload 1.0.4.2 nas firmware using the recovery tool.

Today I was trying some of the tftp tips from varius threads. During this tests, unsucessfull ones, I did manage to get ping respons, althou I only get 3-4 ping replies and then timeout for one or two. This made me think that the tftp might not get through as I lose connection. A larger ping statistic shows that I get 38% losses, this done twice with around 200 pings.

I been in contact with asus support but the only manage to tell me to press the reset button for a while before starting up and doing the firmware restoration.

As of know I'm about to try putting the HDD in a linux os pc and see if I can load the MBR that way using this thread http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10198

Well, Anyone got any sugestions I'm all ears.

CapRanger
24-03-2008, 09:27
Well, I wrote a nice email to ASUS support about what I've done and how I've tried different sollutions.

Right now I'm not sure they even ready my email and just reply with some standard quote.

The last tip was to update firmware by using the weblogin... well, I can't even get there as I stated in the email... Any how. I'm still waiting for another reply but somehow they always take more then the 48 hours they say it would take.