PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : cannot re-flash router

lcstyle
09-03-2008, 00:33
Hi all,

I flashed using kam7.09v2.trx from the original asus firmware, now im trying to re-flash due to a bunch of complications, but the only firmware that my router will boot successfully is the asus 1.0.7.8 firmware.

What am i doing wrong? I read somewhere that i have to unset boot_dev but when i boot into the asus firmware there is no BOOT DEV set!?

I have tried other firmwares like openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx and it wont take that either. my router isnt bricked but i cant get into any other firmware.

I was able to flash kam7.09v2.trx the first time i followed the guides to copy the root to the hard drive and i was able to get it to boot from the hard drive, i dont know what happened but i had to reboot or reflash after creating the partitions and they got all screwed up. I went back into the asus website and i couldnt do anything with the disk. I went into fdisk through the asus firmware and deleted all the partitions but i still have part1 part2 part3 in their along with disc inside of /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0.

Please help..

Thanks

Ron

lcstyle
09-03-2008, 19:25
Hi all,

I flashed using kam7.09v2.trx from the original asus firmware, now im trying to re-flash due to a bunch of complications, but the only firmware that my router will boot successfully is the asus 1.0.7.8 firmware.

What am i doing wrong? I read somewhere that i have to unset boot_dev but when i boot into the asus firmware there is no BOOT DEV set!?

I have tried other firmwares like openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx and it wont take that either. my router isnt bricked but i cant get into any other firmware.

I was able to flash kam7.09v2.trx the first time i followed the guides to copy the root to the hard drive and i was able to get it to boot from the hard drive, i dont know what happened but i had to reboot or reflash after creating the partitions and they got all screwed up. I went back into the asus website and i couldnt do anything with the disk. I went into fdisk through the asus firmware and deleted all the partitions but i still have part1 part2 part3 in their along with disc inside of /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0.

Please help..

Thanks

Ron

Thanks guys for anyone who doesnt know, on a reset or power - off the BOOT_DEV nvram parameter for some reason gets missing.

"To change this:
- reboot
- login via telnet again
- nvram set boot_dev=/dev/scsi/host0/bus0... (whereever your boot partition resides)
- nvram commit
- reboot
- smile :-)"*

*instructions taken from another posting :) but it did work.