PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Can't connect to Internet

jmk
23-11-2007, 23:56
Man have I had a bad experience so far with this piece of s***t router. I had one delivered last Saturday, which was basically a brick. The power light didn't come on, I couldn't connect to the router, and the ready light was permanently on - no other lights at any point. The not-so-EZSetup button did nothing, the reset button did nothing, even when held for 10 seconds, never mind 5. Returned it.
Got a new one on Wednesday. It's now nearly Saturday and no joy.
This one at least turns on, and I can log into the router. The EZSetup never works, but I'm happy configuring manually. BUT - I can't connect to the net at all. The WAN light is constant blue, suggesting there is a connection.
I have another Asus router, the WL-530g and it works a treat. If I plug my cable modem into it, connection works fine. Switch it to the 700ge, nothing.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can try? I've updated the firmware to version 1.0.7.8.

The router seems to have no inbuilt ping or trace utilities, so I can't try to ping the outside world to see where the problem lies.

Any help greatly appreciated.

jmk
24-11-2007, 08:42
I should add that as a control, I'm connecting to both routers through a wired connection to eliminate any issues related to wireless configuration.

eitsch
27-11-2007, 21:03
hi

first of all: does the router get an ip from wan side? perhaps you need to configure a special predefined mac-address or some other settings concerning ppp are not specified correctly...

the second thing i would suggest you to try, is flashing a custom firmware (no matter if you use kamikaze or the modded firmware by kfurge) and try to setup the router manually (you can find manuals how to do that under http://wl700g.homelinux.net/drupal/ , so you dont need unix knowledge at all)

greets