PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : About the bittorrent capabilities

spellcasterbr
26-09-2007, 19:09
Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying this router mainly for the purpose of leaving my PC off while downloading torrent files.

But I heard that the original firmware has many flaws. Can anyone comment wether this router is a good choice for torrent downloads or not?

Is it true that it can only download files smaller than 2gb?

esbe
27-09-2007, 06:41
Yes, it is good choice, but not with the original firmware.

I am using it with rtorrent and edhanced-torrent. It is much better solution, but some Linux experiences are requiered.

johngicu
27-09-2007, 08:53
Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying this router mainly for the purpose of leaving my PC off while downloading torrent files.

But I heard that the original firmware has many flaws. Can anyone comment wether this router is a good choice for torrent downloads or not?

buy it's worth the money and install custom firmware. For "how to" search the forum in tutorials section. I use rtorrent (it's like uTorrent with text based gui) and rocks, but you will have to use ssh and screen that means some linux know how to move around.

sollie
27-09-2007, 13:53
i agree :) :)

Maccro
27-09-2007, 14:26
Just for another perspective, the bittorrent client on the WL700ge that comes standard works just fine. At some point I'll get around to replacing it with another client, but for now it suites my purposes. There are no major flaws with this functionality in the firmware, it just leaves a bit to be desired. Also, I'm downoading a 8.62Gig file right now. Just make sure to update your firmware to the latest version (1.0.7.8).

Hi everyone,

spellcasterbr
28-09-2007, 03:12
hey everyone, that's nice to hear! I'm looking forward to buying this router.

Just another question: I have a D-Link (DWL-G510) PCI Adapter. Do you guys think it'll work all right with this Asus Router?