PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : how to autostart apps in 1.0.4.6kc

johngicu
25-09-2007, 16:59
Hi,
I'm asking how can I autostart for example openvpn, icecast, rtorrent or other programs . No success with rc.local
After boot I must ssh and use some screens to start the apps. Any solution?
Tks!

Maccro
25-09-2007, 22:32
Where are you placing the rc.local? I'm using it and it's working just fine. I have noticed however that if I simply issue the 'reboot' command it doesn't seem to run the rc.local. A physical reboot of the router however does. I'm not sure why this is.

Hi,
I'm asking how can I autostart for example openvpn, icecast, rtorrent or other programs . No success with rc.local
After boot I must ssh and use some screens to start the apps. Any solution?
Tks!

johngicu
26-09-2007, 10:00
Where are you placing the rc.local? I'm using it and it's working just fine. I have noticed however that if I simply issue the 'reboot' command it doesn't seem to run the rc.local. A physical reboot of the router however does. I'm not sure why this is.

Ok, rc.local it working fine (opening dropbear, writing some iptables etc or starting thttpd) but:

here are my lines in rc.local:

/opt/etc/init.d/S52openvpn
icecast -c /opt/etc/icecast.xml -b

and when reboot hard or soft, I do ps -a and no openvpn or icecast, but they work if I do: bash /opt/etc/init.d/S52openvpn or icecast -c /opt/etc/icecast.xml -b

kfurge
28-09-2007, 03:41
/opt/etc/init.d/S52openvpn
icecast -c /opt/etc/icecast.xml -b

Regarding openvpn, make sure that the "#!/bin/sh" line actually points to a shell capable enough to execute it. The ASUS /bin/sh is not good enough for some of the more elaborate scripts. I'd change it to "#!/opt/bin/bash". Also make sure the exec bits are set.

Regarding icecast, use the fully qualified path to start it. If that doesn't work, make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set properly.

- K.C.